Watch Ideas

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Just seeing if any of you have suggestions for me, I'm looking to get a watch for work. I have an omega that my dad bought me a few yrs ago, I dont really want to wear it at work. I like the look of divers watches though. The reason I'm looking is I'm almost done with my emt-b class so I'll be doing that until I get hired on a fire dept. I'm looking to spend about 100 bucks.
Thanks in advance

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I've got some Invictas which I enjoy wearing.

http://www.shopnbc.com

Something like this.

J172201_250.jpg

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
I have a Rolex submariner that I don't ever wear to work just because of the attention it draws. I don't think it's good to wear a flashier watch than your boss/their boss. IME, it can cause some problems in the work environment.

Kenneth Cole and Emporio Armani are some decent middle of the road watches that wear very well and have a little bit better name to them than Fossil.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
SuperDanoGP said:
are you kidding me i know a watch maker in Michigan named Mike Zelinski..thats ****ed
seriously, thats crazy. Theres more zilinski's out there than you think, the spelling always changes though

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
For daily wear I have a Swiss Army. I beat the hell out of that thing, now going on 4 years, no issues. I also have a Rolex Submariner w/date. I'm hard on watches so I don't wear it to often.....

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Its probably a little more than you want to spend, but the Citizen Eco-Drive watches work great and look great.

ecodrivetitanium.jpg

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
03snake said:
For daily wear I have a Swiss Army. I beat the hell out of that thing, now going on 4 years, no issues. I also have a Rolex Submariner w/date. I'm hard on watches so I don't wear it to often.....

That is the point of a Rolex, it can take a beating. I wear my Daytona most days, and I smashed it against a cinder block wall and it still works perfectly, just remember to have it serviced every three years. I send my to Rolex in NY and have them do the service and testing.

amorrow

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
That is the point of a Rolex, it can take a beating. I wear my Daytona most days, and I smashed it against a cinder block wall and it still works perfectly, just remember to have it serviced every three years. I send my to Rolex in NY and have them do the service and testing.

That is the great thing about a stainless Rolex...it can be polished an unlimited number of times and still look new since it's such a high grade of ss, and it's very hard to scratch the lens of one (the one on my Submariner still looks 100% brand-new). In fact, one of my buddies was browsing my photo album of my '65 Fastback restoration and commented on how crazy I was to be wearing my Submariner in nearly every pic I was seen working on the car. But I don't fret it, because they really do take a beating. He had a laugh at this one...

Christmas2006027.jpg

In the $100 range, I'd look at Fossil. They make stylish watches that actually keep better time than nearly any Rolex you'll find.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
amorrow said:
That is the great thing about a stainless Rolex...it can be polished an unlimited number of times and still look new since it's such a high grade of ss, and it's very hard to scratch the lens of one (the one on my Submariner still looks 100% brand-new). In fact, one of my buddies was browsing my photo album of my '65 Fastback restoration and commented on how crazy I was to be wearing my Submariner in nearly every pic I was seen working on the car. But I don't fret it, because they really do take a beating. He had a laugh at this one...

In the $100 range, I'd look at Fossil. They make stylish watches that actually keep better time than nearly any Rolex you'll find.

I agree that the quality of the Rolex allows for polishing of the metals as well as the "saphire" crystal, which is incredibly hard to scratch.

My Rolex's all keep excellent time if you wear them enough to keep them wound and then at night make sure the watch is lying on its side. Plus getting them serviced/cleaned every three years is a key.

Users who are viewing this thread