Water In Fuel?

Jman

Established Member
ok well my instrument read out in the dash is saying water in fuel...
i only have 9000 miles on her i changed the fuel filters as well, the truck isnt driving any different. its just pissing me off, is there somekind of reset on these trucks... the guys at the firehouse are insisting theres a reset of some kind... wtf, any ideas? thanks guys

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Same problem. I changed the fuel filters and drained the plug. It stopped. But came back again.

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
Fill up the fuel filter by turning the key on, after its full drain the water seperator in the rear of the housing, I believe its a yellow tab, the light should reset its self, it should be done after every filter change, hope this helps

Jman

Established Member
hmm ok not to sound stupid but wheres the seperator?
i don't see anything that looks like that... will it be in the engine bay or underneath?

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
In the center of motor behind the powerstoke cover witch has to be removed. On the back sidr or filer housing there is a yellow drain lever. you can refuel with a cup of diesel to.:beer:

Jman

Established Member
ok drained it the seperator BUT!! the friggin light is still on...
one of the guys at the firehouse last night said theres a TSB out about this issue... apparently ford knows about this and its a common bug, recall or whatever you would call this PITA...

Tonka Toy

Established Member
I had the same thing happen with my truck. Apparently there is some sort of heater device that becomes gummed up and causes the Water in Fuel warning to come on. Take it to your dealer and they will fix it for free.

Users who are viewing this thread