Water/Meth for the KB??

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
considering i have hit the boost limit on pump gas at just 10psi i am considering doing a water/meth kit on my car. i have been looking at the Snow stage 2 kit with the safe injection box. i plan on either finding a tank that will fit in the spare tire area or use the washer fluid bottle for a clean looking install. (any info on where to buy a tank would be helpful)

i know i wont get the most out of the cooling by spraying through the blower but the octane boost is really what i need the most. i'm hoping to make 12-13psi and be somewhere around the 620rwhp range when all is said and done.

my main concern is if the meth flow gets too low i would like to open the bypass valve to keep the engine from leaning out. the soleniod that snow sells doesnt look like it would be able to vent much of anything with the tiny 1/8" lines you run it with. is there a kit that can operate the KB bypass and be triggered by the safe injection box? also what is the stock fuel pump capable of making reliably? i dont mind upgrading if i need to.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
I can't remember for certain, but check with Kenne Bell to verify whether or not you can run meth through the blower. I know some blowers you will eat the coating off of the rotors with meth.

"05GT"

Established Member
You need to spray it after the blower otherwise you'll run the risk of washing out the rear bearings

Turbosixx

Established Member
You can spray through, the methanol flashes off as soon as it hits the warm compressed air.

BV600

Established Member
Have you looked at AIS Kits? Ive been thinking about a meth kit also

King 5.0

Established Member
Just put the snow Meth kit stage 2 on my procharged 5.0. Its worth it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

RusWolf

Established Member
At 13 psi with meth you will be way over 620. In fact on 10 psi you already should be over 600.
Are you still on stock engine with that much psi ? Is your car daily driven?

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
I made 536/443 on 7 psi. Not sure what it is making now. I do not drive the car everyday. It is at 4500 miles in just under a year.

What are these engines capable of making? I haven't heard of any breaking due to power yet

Sent from my EVO 4G using tapatalk

King 5.0

Established Member
I made 536/443 on 7 psi. Not sure what it is making now. I do not drive the car everyday. It is at 4500 miles in just under a year.

What are these engines capable of making? I haven't heard of any breaking due to power yet

Sent from my EVO 4G using tapatalk

I'm pushing 600 with 8 pounds and its my DD. Put a good 7,000 miles on it so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
the AIS kit looks really nice. i'm considering doing the stage 1 kit since i really dont think i need a progressive kit with the KB.

after calling KB they said they dont recommend water methanol on any of their blowers. i think i will still give it a shot since so many people are running it with PD blowers and there arent that many issues. worst case is i will be getting a rebuild a few years down the road

bull3441

Established Member
if you have a KB 2.6 or 2.8 it will work. they said it works on the GT500 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread