Water/Meth Injection

Mr_ATC

Established Member
I've been doing a lot of research and unless I've over looked it, I'm not seeing much, if any talk of using water/methanol injection on 2015 coyote turbo/centri set ups. I figured with the high compression and the fear of knock people would at least look at it as insurance or give tuners more wiggle room..

I'm thinking when I pull the trigger on a Paxton/Vortech kit it would be a perfect addition. But the lack of people talk about it makes me wonder the reason it's not more common and I want to hear everyone's opinions. BTW what brands does everyone have good/bad experiences with?

Thanks.

Mr_ATC

Established Member
Always a tough crowd here.. Anyone running injection on their S550? I'd really like some feedback. I guess I'll just have to try it and report back lol

chevpwr

Established Member
I ran it for a short time on my Hellion twin turbo 5.0. My tuner doesn't really like to tune with it. I made 645hp/695tq on 91 octane on a Mustang dyno. My kit is now for sale, I now have a full fuel system and on E-85. It's an AIS Comp Stage 1 Trunk system with dual nozzles and the stainless line upgrade. Below is a link to their site.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/index.php?cPath=37

Mr_ATC

Established Member
Gotcha.
Thanks for the input, It seems from what I've talked to some experienced people about, and your response, I'll just go with the FI setup for now and see what results I end up with. Like I said the water/meth would pretty much be purely for insurance. The idea of blowing one of these 5.0 motors for something as stupid as bad gas right after voiding a warranty on a pretty much new car is scary since I'm not made of money, but I understand you "gotta pay to play." I don't plan on going over 7-9 PSI so I suppose it's not even that extreme of a problem to have..

Users who are viewing this thread