Water/Meth injection

97BLWNCBRA

Established Member
I know this is just for 03/04's but i figure you all know how supercharged cobras run....Has anybody personaly tried Meth/water injection on a supcharged Cobra? How well did it work out?Is it worth it?I hear good results, but i want to know from someone actually using it on a DOHC 4.6. Im running 18-19psi and i want some type of cooling but with 8.5 compresion and a centrifcal supercharger i dont want to add any boost drop or lag with a front mount,and the aftercoolers are garbage over 10psi.Thanks

03cobrazzz

Established Member
I ran meth/water setup for safety it gained 5 degrees of timing and 18 rwh on the small nozle.I also found that i got corrosion and calcium buildup in the throttlebody that effected the idle after around two months of daily use.cleaning helped to fix it. i removed it to not have anymore problems and run oktanebooster now.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
No one has shown any hard data to support their argument that meth injection results in great HP gains from increased timing on an ’03 or ’04 Cobra. Once you’re at or near MBT (maximum-brake torque) timing to begin with, the gains are slim to none. I have heard from a competent tuner and a couple of members that have actually tried it, and they claim virtually no gains.

Users who are viewing this thread