water pump o rings

2000 gt

Established Member
ok guys im filling my 99 cobra with coolant today and i use an air lift tool to first suck down the system with vacuum then i realize i have a slow leak i hear a hissing noise from under the lower intake so now im thinking the water pump tube o rings are not doing there job besides the dealer is there any place i can get these two o rings from or does anyone know the size of these so i can just match them up thanks

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Pretty sure there is a tell tale in the water pump. It's a seep hole. That could be where it is coming from.

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
^ I'm sorry. Don't get it? Ur saying bad water pump?

Don't think so, I think you're sucking in air via the vent hole in the pump, the gasket is sealing outwards.

Just raise the front a bit, don't need to be much and fill in the tube hole, it will burp a while. leave the pipe open and start the car and let it run a minute or so and fill in more if needed. That should do it pretty good.

Or if you wanna take the longer road close the pipe and run until you reach normal temp, let it cool down and recheck the level in the pipe.

2000 gt

Established Member
I doubt its that vent water pump is brand new. and.worked fine before only thing I really disturbed was that tube not Sure I'm getting a new tube and o rings today from ford and the cross over o rings. Hopefully that does the job

Users who are viewing this thread