water pump tube in block, PLEASE HELP QUICK!!

SteedaX47

Established Member
I'm sooo close to completing my 4v swap and the block I bought didn't come with the heater tube thing that presses into the block (in the valley behind the water pump) and I'm having a helluva time puling the old one out of my old gt block. Any suggestions? Can I just plug this thing?! Obviously I won't have heat but I haven't had heat for 2 years anyway. Any help is extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-nate

Last edited:

mysteed

Established Member
You have to get one and you MUST use the Ford gaskets. Call MPS Auto Salvage and see if they can locate one for you.

SteedaX47

Established Member
I have the crossover tube. And that presses into the heads... I'm talking about the piece that goes into the valley from inside the water pump area.

I tried calling ford and they had no idea what I was talking about.

HandsomeRob

Established Member
The only way to get that tube out behind the water pump is to apply heat. I had 3 metal tubes pulled out of my intake manifold and the Fab Shop used a torch to heat the aluminum then just pulled the steel tube out with a pair of pliers

1993MustangGT

Established Member
There is a bolt on the back on the head. Make sure you take it off and it will just slide out.

I have some extras if you need one.

98fourvalve

Established Member
I've beat a few of the water pump tube/nipple out with a hammer and some steal stock. How you hit is will affect how well it comes out. If it mushrooms its a PITA. Heat will help like stated above.

SteedaX47

Established Member
Thanks for all the comments and help. I finally got it out but its unusable. Thanks svturbo for the part number, for now I'm just gonna plug it with a freeze plug since my heater core is broken anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread