Water spot after full detail issues.....

jasil

Established Member
This is the routine:

Wash
Clay
SSR2 if swirls are gaining ground
Vanilla Moose
Natty's Blue usally 1, but sometimes 2 coats

All applied with a PC and various pads.

I try to keep the car garaged, but it's become a daily driver for the last 2 weeks and 2 days after the last detail it rained. Water spots all over and they won't come off! :mj: It's like they are under the wax....how can that be?

I tried the ole vinegar/water trick and nothing. The only way to get them off is SSR2-3 with a yellow/orange pad how is this happening?

Thanks.

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
Get "Ducky"! It is a waterspot remover for marine use. It is simply amazing! Spray it on, let sit aprox 5 seconds, wipe off. I have been using this product on my boat and cars for aprox 5 years. The stuff gets waterspots off of gelcoat like nothing you have ever seen! They also make a detail spray that is more slippery than anything you have ever seen. I know that this sounds to good to be true, but my jaw dropped the first time I used it. It is that good!

Todd03Blown

Established Member
bobosfocus said:
Get "Ducky"! It is a waterspot remover for marine use. It is simply amazing! Spray it on, let sit aprox 5 seconds, wipe off. I have been using this product on my boat and cars for aprox 5 years. The stuff gets waterspots off of gelcoat like nothing you have ever seen! They also make a detail spray that is more slippery than anything you have ever seen. I know that this sounds to good to be true, but my jaw dropped the first time I used it. It is that good!
you have a website for "ducky"? TIA

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Try to use a quality Sealant next time. I can Quickly Remove water spots after a wash, & QD when the surface is protected. Im sure a little ssr2.5 & a cutting pad would take care of it. I Dont think its so bad thet your paint is etched.

vtsteevo

Established Member
Well I tried ducky after reading this thread and it didn't work too well.

I decided to try their detail spray too :bash:

Waste of $ for the detail spray. I am going to give the water-spot remover another shot next weekend.

Jefe

Established Member
Ive got a couple water spots on my hood too. I might try the vinegar thing and see if it works. Ill post pics if I get brave enough..lol

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
yeah bro, get some poorboys ex sealant. after you glaze use this and then top with wax

Users who are viewing this thread