Water Wetter

cltgt

Life is a drag race
Established Member
Is it worth draining the blower cooling system to run water and water wetter or just leave coolant? I heard you normally don't want to add water wtter or purple ice to coolant. What's the reason for that?

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
Water Wetter is compatible with all coolant mixtures. I run one in the ENGINE coolant (50/50 green). i run 50/50 green mix through the heat exchanger. I wouldn't recommend running JUST water wetter and water w/out antifreeze. not for a DD anyways. The antifreeze lubricates your coolant system and keeps it from freezing

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
can you keep coolant with water wetter in the tank during hte winter as well or do you have to drain it even though its mixed with say a 50/50 coolant water mix?

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
can you keep coolant with water wetter in the tank during hte winter as well or do you have to drain it even though its mixed with say a 50/50 coolant water mix?

I would always leave a good mixture of water and antifreeze in your coolant system. antifreeze lubes the water pump and coolant system and the water is what transfers the heat out of your engine. water wetter helps the heat transfer of the water. If you run a 50/50 mix with a bottle of water wetter you are good for year 'round cooling.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
To much ww in the i/c h/e system will result in foam.Been there,done that.

Happend to me as well. I just drained most of it from the resevoir. Just disconnected the line, left whatever was left in the H/E and refilled with 50/50. I didnt trust it anymore so I just poured 50/50 in the radiator system as well.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
A higher ratio of coolant will make the motor run hotter, in the Radiator I do a 75% Distilled 25% coolant mix with water wetter in Florida!
and I've NEVER heard of a single bottle of Water Wetter mixed in the entire cooling system causing foaming etc??

Last edited:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I run 60% Watter Wetter and 40% Water in the IC reservoir around this time of the year. I also throw Ice blocks in it too. Don't get it too full though or it will leak. Once the car gets hot enough all the liquid will raise and start to leak.

For the Winter, I will drain it and add anti freeze.

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
This is how water wetter works. Normal boiling point for water is 212 f. Water wetter is designed to raise the boiling point of water to 230 f. This will allow more water to come in contact with the metal instead of forming steam which makes the water have less contact. With a greater boiling point and better (more) contact it results with lower temps. It also has lubricant in it. I would run distilled water and water wetter. Remember if you live in colder weather add the coolant to both the ic and radiator, nothing worse than cracked parts.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Search thread titles in the Terminator section for WETTER and you'll have another 38 threads to read :read:

Users who are viewing this thread