Wax / Polish Removal From Black Trim - Eraser

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I searched and couldn't find a thread here using an eraser:
I'm going to apply Wolfgang's Trim Sealant to the black tirm on my wife's Explorer.
It was highly recommended by @NastyGT500 and AutoGeek:

autogeek_2268_430424052.jpg

Before I do, I need to clean-up the areas where polish was accidentally applied. As I researched solutions, I came across a youtube video of a guy using these erasers.
For a simple fix, I gave it a try on one of the roof rails and it seems to work just fine...

IMG_4460.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

@NastyGT500 is this the way to go?
Anybody else try this?

Not sure if it leaves some form of residue behind or not. If it did, I could just follow-up with IPA.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I don’t like the idea of an eraser due to the potential of it marring the surface.

I use a dedicated wax/polish remover like McKees37’s offering. Let it dwell a bit and then use a mf towel; comes off.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I don’t like the idea of an eraser due to the potential of it marring the surface.

I use a dedicated wax/polish remover like McKees37’s offering. Let it dwell a bit and then use a mf towel; comes off.
I've read solid reviews on the McKee37's wax/polish trim removal stuff. Something else I read last night that seemed to have a lot of praise was actually using Pledge... Not only to remove wax/polish on the surfaces, but to actually coat the black plastic trim for a nice satin finish that apparently lasts decently.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I’ve heard if guys ‘waxing’ with pledge. I’ll leave that for my furniture!
I read the same and honestly, my grandpa told me the same! He swears by it... However, I was reading on autogeek or autopia the other day about using it on black trim. Doubt I'll ever try it, but hey, can't be worse than peanut butter!
I ordered the Mckee 37, gonna give it a shot this weekend.
You'll like McKees. I have a few products and it's a solid brand for a great price.

Users who are viewing this thread