Waxing or Sealing?

Is the GTR waxed or sealed?

• Total voters

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
why not seal with blackfire wet diamond like suggested and top with blackfire's midnight sun or dodo juice or something. Cant you do both? ;)

MJN

Established Member
For me just used as a nice day driver and show car not every day ride, pure wax. Only thing I seal is my clear bra rest of my car is wax.

Chewy

Established Member
This one is an eye twister.......Neither! Or the same as what was used on that red Camaro in the background!

I dare you to post identical pictures of it both before & after it was sealed. It wouldn't look any different on film!! LOL :-D

ok, I'll guess.....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

HD POXY

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
It's an almost brand new car, I'd certainly hope it shines like that...

You would be amazed at how many new cars I have to fix because dealership detailers like to destroy the finish. Being a new vehicle has no bearing on how much better it can look.

This one is an eye twister.......Neither! Or the same as what was used on that red Camaro in the background!

I dare you to post identical pictures of it both before & after it was sealed. It wouldn't look any different on film!! LOL :-D

ok, I'll guess.....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

HD POXY

......Sometimes I wonder about you. I have yet to touch the red car in the background. Though...I WAS thinking about Speed....but now...I might go something more Auto Geekish.

Chewy

Established Member
......Sometimes I wonder about you. I have yet to touch the red car in the background. Though...I WAS thinking about Speed....but now...I might go something more Auto Geekish.

That's unfortunate....I'd do a Speed base with a Poxy topper!

The red car looks pretty glossy. :shrug: That should be an easy one then. ;-)

AdamR@Gotham

Established Member
It's an almost brand new car, I'd certainly hope it shines like that...

Have you ever really looked at the paint of a new car after its been prepped by the dealership ? Its not pretty.

As for the GTR, It doesnt matter what you top it with. You obviously know how to fix paint and thats were the shine comes from.

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Have you ever really looked at the paint of a new car after its been prepped by the dealership ? Its not pretty.

As for the GTR, It doesnt matter what you top it with. You obviously know how to fix paint and thats were the shine comes from.

Well in your opinion what's done? Waxed sealed or its my knowledge of paint correction?

flamed03vert

Established Member
It's very reflective, but it looks a little silvery, sort of a candy coated shine in the picture. I would say sealed or a nano coating such as Opti Coat or Aquartz.

Users who are viewing this thread