Way to copy the program off a PCM chip?

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Curious if it's possible to copy the tune off a chipped solution. Reason being I'd like to get an SCT or simular flash tuner and experiment, but I'd like to have the current tune handy without having to remove the chip/reinstall the chip.

:read:

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
03SoCalCobra said:
Curious if it's possible to copy the tune off a chipped solution. Reason being I'd like to get an SCT or simular flash tuner and experiment, but I'd like to have the current tune handy without having to remove the chip/reinstall the chip.

:read:

I have wanted to find out how to do this as well so, like you, I could use it as a base model and then make slight modifications with a flash tuner. It would be nice if a flash tuning device could plug in and display the tuning information from a chip on the PCM. I would think it would not be too difficult to do but I doubt it will happen. Likely because someone would use it to take tunes and resell them for profit. So the only way I know of doing these is to use a data logger and note the differences with the chip on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread