Weaight the 03 Vert cobra today

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I've got to weigh mine again. Last time I weighed it was at E town. Full tank of gas, spare and my 230 LBS put it at 4080 LBS. Seems high compared to others I've heard about. Maybe the scale was off?

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
firemanmike said:
I've got to weigh mine again. Last time I weighed it was at E town. Full tank of gas, spare and my 230 LBS put it at 4080 LBS. Seems high compared to others I've heard about. Maybe the scale was off?

on the E-Town scale I came in a little over 4100 pounds earlier in the spring

TEABG

Banned
firemanmike said:
You thinks its us or the scale???:shrug:

Recyclable trash scale read 3,680 for my 03 Conv. My Cobra has the following weight reduction measures. (NO DRIVER) Quarter tank of fuel, gutted trunk, two piece rotors X4. MagnaFlow Cat-Back. MagnaFlow X-Pipe, K&N FIPK. dgussin1 had similar results when he has his convertible.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
JB said:
I can't find verification on the Mustang Dyno website so I've sent MD an email requesting info on this

we have a vendor here who uses one....maybe they'll chime in

Let me know JB. I always thought that had something to do with the loading capabilities of the Mustang dyno. I may be full of it too...so I'd like to know.

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Let me know JB. I always thought that had something to do with the loading capabilities of the Mustang dyno. I may be full of it too...so I'd like to know.

i called www.jmschip.com and they have a mustang dyno and a Dynojet and they said for the mustang dyno. The weight of the car doesn't have any thing to do with the HP and TQ # they need it to do a power to weight ratio and if your are doing 1/4 simulations

Seven1

Established Member
With 1/3 of a tank of gas my Terminator coupe weighed 3600lbs, with me it was 3780, the scale was accurate +/- 10lbs. No spare, and Steeda/Borla catback, which is much lighter than stock catback.

nightstalker865

Established Member
Where are you guys going to get them weighed I would love to see what mine weights. I have thought about going over to the truck stop I just didn't know if they would allow me on it or if it even cost money.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
I weighed mine at a local track but I don't see why they would not let you at a truck stop.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
JB said:
they need to input the weight on a Mustang dyno
it is part of the loading calculations and will affect the final numbers

mattmoto441 said:
I talked to jmschip and they said that the weight of the car doesn't have any thing to do with the HP and TQ # they need it to do a power to weight ratio and if your are doing 1/4 simulations

JB said:
I can't find verification on the Mustang Dyno website so I've sent MD an email requesting info on this
we have a vendor here who uses one....maybe they'll chime in

"does the input weight of the vehicle affect final HP/TQ numbers?"

MUSTANG DYNO'S RESPONSE:

"vehicle simulation load is a function of vehicle weight and rolling losses. A higher entered weight will result in more load on the engine during a sweep test. This does not cause your engine to lose power.

However, load CAN effect engine performance, particularly one that is not properly tuned. Additionally, since load slows down the acceleration rate of the test, the power required to accelerate the engine and drivetrain will change, and this can change the power number reported as well."

Last edited:

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
I weighed mine about a year and a half ago with around 1/2 tank of fuel, and it came in at 4040 lbs with me in it. This is exactly how I drove it on the street... spare tire/jack, and etc. all in it still.

It has since then gone on a "diet" of sorts :-D

Shannon

Users who are viewing this thread