Weapon X... Who has used them and have they actually worked?

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Just so we are clear, PLEASE don't mention stock COPs. I am fully aware that its the probably the most popular option. If someone feels the need to mention stockers, remove your finger from the key board and re-read the first sentence. Its not an option. I have over $400 invested in these damn Weapon X COPs. Another $400 is not an option unless Lethal will exchange them but that is unlikely.

I want to know who has Weapon X's that actually work and have worked for a while. I have replaced every damn part under the friggin hood. I have a new tune, new fuel pumps, new resistor, new fuel filter, new plugs... tuner thinks its the weapon X, but he is very stock COP biased. Someone has to have a happy ending with Weapon X. Is there a test to see if one is bad?

Truck is for sale BTW.... I don't have time for this shit.

00blacky

Established Member
Well I don't know how much help I'll be, but I just put some used weapon x coils on last week. When I got them the guy said they had about 5,000 miles on them. So far they seem to be working good. I had the truck out last night doing some racing and didn't notice any miss or anything. I'm running BR7EFS gapped at .030.

What kind of problems are you experiencing? What plugs?

sonicblue04L

Established Member
I got rick to order me a set of them since i figured it would be a good alternative since four of my stock ones were ruined and the price difference was not bad. Rick seemed like he has had good luck with them in the past. I went about five miles down the road and the truck started misfiring very bad. I pulled over to take a look and one of the coils had came loose from the plug and would not tighten back up fully. When Rick called weapon x, they said the coil goes bad when it comes off the plug. I forgot the reason for this, maybe because they just twist on and the seal was no longer good? but anyways they were suppose to have a new design coming out in "two weeks" and this was about five or six months ago? so i gave up on them.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Got it! I put new stockers in and it runs STRONG! Sonic... your story is almost like mine. a few minutes into my test drive (just after installing the NEW Weapon X) it ran like crap. None of the coils worked loose, it just started running poorly. I went on a month long goose chase of electrical and fuel system trouble shooting. I sure hope Weapon X replaces these things. I'm pissed now that I have $800 worth of COPs in my possession.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Stock COPs. Heh. I only kid because you figured out the problem. Hopefully they'll step up and refund your money or something.

wd13

Established Member
Man, thats too bad. I hate hearing things like that. I'm using the Weapon X cop's going on 1.5 years now. I've not had any issues whatsoever but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

fishingfox

Established Member
One of our AZLOC members, Joe Raptor, has been running Weapon X COPS and plugs I believe. Maybe he will chime in.

todd abbott

Established Member
I understand the premise of this but what I don't understand is why people screw around with non OEM on this, it's been proven again and again stock is the way to go on this-mild bolt on ride to built and 750hp, unless your running a 1300hp all out race 4 valve why even consider it?

wd13

Established Member
I understand the premise of this but what I don't understand is why people screw around with non OEM on this, it's been proven again and again stock is the way to go on this-mild bolt on ride to built and 750hp, unless your running a 1300hp all out race 4 valve why even consider it?

I switched because I was having issues with spark blow out with the stockers. Once I switched, I no longer had the issue.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member

It seems that some have issues needing more spark. Most of the JLP trucks run KB Boost a Spark and still suffer blow out issues like Wes describes. I think it is related to the larger cams that JL is fond of. JL swears by these WeaponX COPs.

I can run 20#s of MP boost with a shot of spray on top of it and have not had spark issues at all. This on stock COPs. BTW I hate those 7mm screws as well. Might change for this reason alone if any stockers go South on me.

Jim

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
I"ve had weapon-x COP's for almost 2 years now. Zero issues and absolutely love them for plug changes!

Jim, I"m really surprised you never got a set of MAD coil pack screws. They're a MUST HAVE if you still are using those bastard 7mm's!

Users who are viewing this thread