Weekend results from Vernon -

00SS

Established Member
welp, went like this took about 2.5 hours to get there as it rained on and off.. but we got there and the roads were dry and no more rain in sight. There was about 1000-1500 cars there and you had to have registered with the city in order to do the cruise from 7-10pm after that it was all cars welcome to cruise the strip and do burnouts and what not. I proceeded to get my new Nitto DR's EXTREMELY hot :D The crowd that was all linded up on the strip were putting water down on the road and egging the cars on for smoke shows.. we obliged of course. Well, the main reason for going was I had a raced lined up with a modded 01 Lightning.. well he called me at 7:30 and was wanting to know how the weather was and I told him to come on.. well, 10:30 rolled aroung and he never showed up :( (or least i never got a call on my cell) .. so i started asking people to race.. what really sucked is most of the bad-ass cars were not cruising any more .. (the bad ass cuda's, chargers, bel-aire...heavily modded ones) BTW: there was an MG there tubbed with a huge blower/tubbed and smelled of BP / methane when he drove by ..that car was awesome, his whole car tilted when he hit the throttle. Anyway, I found 3 other cars to go play with (the only ones that would) 1st was a 01 Cobra (stock) and the next was a 99 Z with dual stage 150 shots, the 3rd was a first gen Camaro..he sounded good not sure of his mods. We all left the strip and they followed me down to the service road on 287. First up was the Corba.. we lined up and I said go on 3, i got the jump on him and put LEAST 10 CARS on em.. we stopped and waited on him as welll as to watch the Z run the first gen. The 4gen Z put a huring on the 1st gen.. we talked for a bit and made the circle ofor another run.. this time the Cobra cliamed i left earlh so.. i told him look you just go when you want and i will follow suit. Well he punched and had me by 1/2 a car for the first say... 20' and then it was bye-bye snake... put about 8 cars on him to 110. Him and his wife looked puzzeled and said i've had enough i'm going home :D Next was the 4gen Z .. he asked if i was spraying.. and i said not yet.. he wanted to run on motor first .. i agreed and put about 5 cars on him to 100 or so. Then i asked to 1st gen to run ..he declined as he got beat by the other Z earlier. I decied to try the bottle out as the 4gen Z said he was going to spray both stages.. well, we took off and i put about 3 cars on em' and i heard him coming so i hit the little blue button for about 2 seconds at the top of first and man oh man the ass end of my car squatted and c ya. It was pretty sweet.. I talked to the guys for a bit they were real cool.. I don't think his second stage was working or something... anyway, i referred all these guys to the board so hopefully we'll see em in here soon enough. After the last race is where the bad part comes.. i noticed i tagged rev limiter at the top of second.. hence letting of the bottle and it was just plain ole forked up.
It's like the lock up solenoid is not functioning ...?? It appears that it spools up and takes off fine.. but never lock the converter up. I think i blew 3 gear band as well as the lock-up.. ended up calling my loving wife at 12:30 to wake the girls up and come tow me back :( I wasn't sure.. I reset the computer and let the car cool down and Donnie and I tried to go again... same results .. but I did figure a way to stomp on it in 2nd and then just run about 41pmh at 3k ..with the hazzards on. well, at that rate we would prolly still be driving. So then i loaded the converter and slowly climed to 6k @ about 85pmh and coasted until 47mph (normal lockup point) and then punched it again up to 85.. we did this the entire way home.. my wife met up with us in Belview and followed us back, just in case anything went real bad. We got back about 4:30 in the moring and crashed for a couple hours. This is one of the only times i wished my car had mufflers .. as it got real loud with highway punches the whole way home... but I did get video of a few races :D I hope to have them linked by tonight.

I am going to get her up in the air today as well as post a couple tech questions and see if it just as simple as replacing the solenoid.. or wether i actually blew 3rd gear...or both. Any idea's??? If I blew the band again!! i'm gonna take it to Ed's and have him build the hell out of it.. with kevlar bands and replace the clutches...
I think i need to invest in a level 3 tranny to hold it, not sure, but i'm only putting maybe 350 rw and 375 tq ...?? any thoughts on why the hell i keep blowing my tranny up???
Well, i still have yet to run the bottle fully.. so hopefully i will get her fixed this week in time for track @ ennis on Friday :D I really want an 11 timeslip ...

Matt: btw, we figured out what the problem was.. the bottle is 15 lb's and not 10.. hence when we weighed it (19) it was about empty. it has the spec's on the side should weigh 27 lbs charged. We just stopped by speedtech and filled it up. the setup works great.. it's kinda stealth.. if i didn't pop the hood.. you would never know.. i have the nozzle going in the neck of the drilled hole in the lid and the solenoid wrapped with an IDE flat cable and then wired around my AC tubes... i pulled the pcm and ran it throught the firewall and hid all the wires and braided line to the back seat where a gym bag sits ;) makes it real easy to turn on and hit the odd looking radar cable witha blue button it. Thanks for your help with it.

sorry so winded .. i'm sitting at home today and gonna be vamping the home computers as well as working on the car.

I'll keep ya posted on the progress, anyone for Ennis on Friday?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
12 car lengths? by what standard?

assuming the camaro is ~17 feet long..
cobra is 15.5 feet long..

12 x 15.5=186 feet..
12 x 17 = 204 feet..

that is almost half a foot ball field.

8 car lenghts to 110? from what speed? him stop and you floored?

15.5 x 8=124 feet
17 x 8=136 feet

im sorry, unless that cobra wasnt really trying, I have to raise the BS flag.

BS BS BS BS BS

:read: always be sure you know your stats before you post.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
12 car lengths? by what standard?

assuming the camaro is ~17 feet long..
cobra is 15.5 feet long..

12 x 15.5=186 feet..
12 x 17 = 204 feet..

that is almost half a foot ball field.

8 car lenghts to 110? from what speed? him stop and you floored?

15.5 x 8=124 feet
17 x 8=136 feet

im sorry, unless that cobra wasnt really trying, I have to raise the BS flag.

BS BS BS BS BS

:read: always be sure you know your stats before you post.

Uh oh :scream:

Last edited:

00SS

Established Member
Well, i'll tell ya if you want to get down to the inch.. maybe not. I'll let everyone else be the judge when the video is ready tonight. From a dead stop.. i even gave the slobra the jump. You can plainly see in the video maybe 1/2 a football field :D In other words the headlight of his car were getting real faint. I personally don't care what you think.. it appeared to be at least 8 cars... You do know my car will run about 11.4-11.5's right?? anyway, the vid's should be ready to post tonight. Let me guess you have a corba ..?? sorry replied b4 looking at your sig.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
If your car runs 12.5s on motor and a brand new '01 Cobra (most likely too new to have mods), with an average driver, runs 13.5s, the old "one length per tenth" would equal ten lengths...believable...

GREAT JOB WAXING A STOCK COBRA WITH YOUR MAXED OUT SS!!!!! :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

P.S. Matt, what happened to the "roll eyes" smilie? Woulda been perfect for this post...

Last edited:

00SS

Established Member
i'm by far not maxed out!! i haven't even touched the heads yet.. and i have a mild cam MTI B1. I'll post up a bottle run after this weekend. This will be a low 10 car when i'm done easy.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
your car runs 11.4-.5???

hmmm based on your sig, newp.

unless youre just tooo busy and humble and bashful to update your own damn sig.

and why do you cambird guys always post your times, but then put like "i spun out.. 95 degrees..worn out tires..slippery track...old clutch...blah blah blah.." Excuses! Don't waste our time!

smililes: deleted the ubb directory, forgot they were in there.. :dw:

00SS

Established Member
ok, weather permitting.. this weekend i will take it to the track and i'll post up the timeslip on Monday. I don't know why you find it so hard to believe.. i run 12.4's on motor and throw in a 100-125 shot in the mix and it will be real easy to drop .7 - 1.0 off my 1/4 times. This is where my car need the extra power not off the line or 1/8.. i pull 1.7's 60's consistently (and that was on worn out tires) i have new DR's with some tread now and with the bottle .. oh yea. I think to be real honest i'll run somewhere between a 11.5 - 11.7 with the heat and humidity.

The video should be ready tonight.. actually the vid is ready but there is no sound on it.. working out the prob and should be ready tonight.

Scoriox-

So is it just an ego/ford thing that you don't think that is a possible time. I know a lot of people on 'other boards' that would tend to disagree with you. oh, and about putting the weather conditions in don't think that is too far fetched.. i see a lot of mustang owners do the same thing. oh well....

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
..................Walks slowly away whistling........................ not going to get involved in this not going to get involved in this one................ OK so I am ........... Matt has a very valid point......... wasnt a very fair race......you with your heavily modified SS against a stock cobra................ geee fair there................. nothing against chevys................... I have two of ( I get chastised for even having them, trust me, right Tommy LOL) Point is get a modified cobra against you then there would bea race!!!!!!! :D

00SS

Established Member
Agreed! this is where i say the guy run what he brung.. i didn't even run the bottle and I gave him the jump... what else could i do.. he wanted to run also. sooo... :shrug's shoulders:

2nd. we weren't even talking about that anymore.. it was more of he doesn't think i can pull a mid 11 with my setup???

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I think you could pull a mid 11 with your setup.............. look what I pulled with a 4500+ pound 4 door !!! If I can do that you can surely do a 11..............

The Bird

Established Member
It is entirely possible his car will run mid 11s with the bottle. Ok, lets assume a couple of things here. (keep in mind the Cobra chose to run him even after hearing his car... so it is not his fault the Cobra was outgunned by his "maxed out SS".. )

His car is an auto with a hell of a hole shot. most F-bodies with a 100 shot will run a full second faster than they do NA.

Lets assume this also...
He had 350 RW before the 100 shot, then a 100 shot would be around 425 (assuming some drive line loss). If a stock Cobra only makes around 279 at the wheels, this is damn hear 150 HP difference...

So, when they hit the gas, it would be like you runing an VTech integra or similar...

"Whoosh.... where did he go?"

Even 75 RW is a huge differnce, but if he had sprayed the Cobra, it would have been real small in the rear view mirror.

Just my .02, but I will be an outsider here also as I have a F-body that is modded also.

:D

come on guys, it is all in fun right?

The Bird

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Hey Mr. Firebird what kind of times you running?? just curious....... is it red?:D

Nope, it is Silver. I haven't run it with my current set up. I make 385 RW with no NOS and not headwork, intake work and stock computer. :)

Still have a ways to go. :D

Users who are viewing this thread