Weight differences between SVTF years

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
I was just curious if anyone has reliable information regarding the weights of our beloved cars. I have looked specs up on edmunds.com but sometimes I am skeptical on the information it contains. According to edmunds the 2002 SVTF 2dr weighs 2750 lbs. the 2003 2dr weighs 2593 lbs. and finally the 2004 2dr weighs 2750 lbs. I don't know, but it seems a bit odd that the 2003 model year proposedly is so much lighter. If this is indeed accurate than our 2003 breathern have a clear performance advantage :burnout: If anyone can confirm or deny these numbers please reply, I am very interested.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I ran a 15.2 stock, does that help? As far as the weight, check you door. I'll check mine tonight, wife has the car, I got the truck. I'll post back tomarrow or may be this after noon is I see her at lunch.

HalfTime

Established Member
It also shows the vehical weight too right? Thier is like 3 different weights on thier, including curb weight so I thought.

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
I thought it showed three wiehgts- max total weight, max front weight, and max rear weight. I'll check during lunch break.

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
I wonder if the 2002 and 2004 model weights are correct... The differences between the models are fairly small- the 2003+ should be heavier if anything being that they have bigger rear suspension components right?

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
I found it online 2675lbs. I have seen it somewhere else and it is less than that. I'll keep looking.

HalfTime

Established Member
Yea, I have bean looking all morning, I keep finding different specs. Hang on, I think I got something good here...

Yup, more sights saying 2,750 than anything else.

EDIT: But every thing I find on the 03 SVTF is 2,685 :shrug:

Last edited:

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
I remember back when I had an old Ranger XLT Supercab I got all sorts of figures for weights and such. I eventually used it to haul some aluminum scrap where they got a fairly accurate measuring of 321xlbs. I wonder how much aluminum the Focus can haul :p .

The Focus feels like it weighs around 2700lbs or more to me by the way it moves, I have a hard time believing that it is in the high 2500 to low 2600 range.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
The only weights you'll find in the door jamb are the GVWR's - Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings, which mean max loads. These are NOT what the car weighs. :)

6SpeedLover

Established Member
I way 118 pounds, does that give me an advantage??? OMG with my little ass in the seat, and a quater tank of gas, with the right shifting, Ill take down Vipers.. Lmao

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
6SpeedLover said:
I way 118 pounds, does that give me an advantage??? OMG with my little ass in the seat, and a quater tank of gas, with the right shifting, Ill take down Vipers.. Lmao

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"
Nice :rolling:

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
So noone really knows how much we weigh?? Accurately I mean. One guy did have a good suggestion, if you go to recycle a bunch of aluminum they can weigh the car with the aluminum on it and then without. That would give you a pretty accurate reading I would think. Anyone got some aluminum they wanna recycle??

Primaris

Established Member
My car with a full tank of gas weighs 2800 LBS. The weights listed for the '02 & '04's are correct.

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
Awwwww nuts...I was hoping we weighed less than that. Anyone know what you can take out to lower the weight?? Besides the back seat...lol

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
Primaris said:
My car with a full tank of gas weighs 2800 LBS. The weights listed for the '02 & '04's are correct.

The weights for 03 must not be correct because I doubt you hold 200+lbs of fuel.

HTPerformance

Do the Recarro seats weight more? I know the Dark Argent Rims are a little less weight than the 5 and 6-spokers.

Other than that the vehicles should be identical. Give or take sunroof weight. Perhaps the difference between HIDs and the black light special.

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
I thought the 03s or the 04s had heavier rear suspension. The control arms are fully boxed or something right?

Users who are viewing this thread