Weight question

supachargd2k5

Established Member
Alright ive seen some of the trying to gain wieght threads and weight lifting. I am going to be getting a membership to a gym, probaly 24 hr fitness soon. Im about 5"10 220lbs. Im not big in any way but would like to drop about 20lbs. I just wanted some advice on what i should be eating daily to help drop some pounds. I have a pretty weird eating habit as it is and want to eat right. Any inofrmation is appreciated.

schef

Established Member
eating past 9 isnt good for you unless you plan on working it off before you go to bed. one more thing if you eat late and you need food whatever you dont eat carbs!! eat carbs in the morning but stay away from them at night.... it will have bad results.... good luck bud!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Think of it like this:

You body burns X number of calories a day. If you eat less than that amount, your body burns fat to get the difference. If you eat more than that, your body stores the excess in the form of fat.

Thus, there are really only two things you can do to lose weight: Reduce the calories you eat below what you are buring, and increase your activitiy level to increase the amount of calories you are burning, and of course, both.

It really is that simple.

Good luck, because as simple as it may sound.... ITS A B!TCH TO DO!!!

supachargd2k5

Established Member
esqeddy said:
Think of it like this:

You body burns X number of calories a day. If you eat less than that amount, your body burns fat to get the difference. If you eat more than that, your body stores the excess in the form of fat.

Thus, there are really only two things you can do to lose weight: Reduce the calories you eat below what you are buring, and increase your activitiy level to increase the amount of calories you are burning, and of course, both.

It really is that simple.

Good luck, because as simple as it may sound.... ITS A B!TCH TO DO!!!
lol yea youve got to be driven to do it, i dont know if you know but with my weight (220) about how many calories does my body require a day. Sorry im a newb when it comes to this stuff.

schef

Established Member
well, when you sign up at 24 just talk to a trainer, i think they give you 1 free session... have him tell you you're daily calories burned or how many you should...check this.... my logic is a little different... if you atleast try to eat healthy and eat 5 or 6 small meals rather than less big meals you will speed you metabilism up. thats important, then get on a multivitamin, cuz you want make sure you get all of your minerals and vitamins so you loose weight healthy. next get on a cardio machine and do atleast 20-30 mins 3-4 times a week with your heart rate at 145-160 beats per minute.... if you stay with that you wont loose weight as fast as you would if you were on a specific diet to loose weight but you will loose weight gradually and instead of being on a diet basically you've changed the way you eat so hopefully you will keep on eating right.... anymore questions just ask... later bud!

Users who are viewing this thread