weight reduction

whobock

Tipton Co. Garbage Truck
Established Member
havent posted a lot on here ive been working on a couple of other projects. finally done and am ready to start on the L.

i was wondering what folks are doing to reduce weight? i have already removed the front sway bar, tow package and spare. I was thinking about putting light weight seats in it but not sure what would even fit.

I was also wanting to go with a fat/skinny tire and wheel combo but for the life of me i cant find any wheels for this truck that arent 18"-20" and up. I was wanting to put a 16" wheel on it but not the bajas. i would love to put some centerline convo pros on it but i just dont see how it could be done. without wheel spacers.

any help would be appreciated
(ive used the search)

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
I've been wanting to get a wide ass 15" rear wheel and slick combo for the track. I know you have to grind the rear calipers to fit the 15" wheel but if you find any info on what people are using, i'm interested too.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
there is a thread over on LR that has alot of weight reduction info. For track wheels the cheapest is the Bajas or you can go Bogarts.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
There is some good stuff on lightningrodder. You can take the ABS unit out too, which i'll do when i get back. I've done that on the past mustangs. I also took out the cruise control servo from under the hood. Took the front bumper off and shaved some of the front metal bracket. Just watch what you take off, so your bumper can still hang there. At the track, i take the tail gate off and now i have some baja's with slicks for my next outing.

Users who are viewing this thread