weight savings on 2013-2014 shelby gt500

pdbuck

Established Member
How much weight can be saved if you only order the SVT performance option on 2013-2014 shelby gt500?

zsommer79

Established Member
So you want want to know how much lighter a car with the performance package but not the track package is? Thinking I saw somewhere it adds around 50lbs to the car with fluids.

pdbuck

Established Member
So you want want to know how much lighter a car with the performance package but not the track package is? Thinking I saw somewhere it adds around 50lbs to the car with fluids.
I'm talking no electronics..no track pack...no recaro seat no shaker pro...no glass roof..only option SVT performance package

zsommer79

Established Member
I'm talking no electronics..no track pack...no recaro seat no shaker pro...no glass roof..only option SVT performance package

Track Pack and glass roof are going to be the heaviest options, could just pull the sub out of the trunk on the shaker pro, and don't think the recaros weigh more.

If I was really concerned with weight then the rotors and wheels is where I would start.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

The lightest cars are base/recaro/stripe delete cars.

They're also the fastest...probably because of the weight savings from the stripe delete

Str

pdbuck

Established Member
How much do you think it will hurt resale value to have SVT performance as the only option?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Forget resale as it'll be minimal difference so buy the car YOU want to drive.
SVTPP is probably good for resale, but it all depends on the guy looking, which would be the next owner, not you.
My point but what you want to drive.
-J

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTPP is probably good for resale, but it all depends on the guy looking, which would be the next owner, not you.
-J

Exactly. Buy the car with the options you want.

Lol @ stripe delete as the fastest! That was a good. ;)

Dinosgt

Established Member
-J

Much wisdom here grasshoppa... Who cares what the next guy wants. I have kept so many cars pristine for the next guy to enjoy, while regretting not driving them enough.

Life's short - buy what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread