Weird buzzing/humming sound from rear speakers?

AMD[H]unter

Banned
Hey guys, I am having a very, very weird issue with a buzzing/humming sound comig from the rear speakers in my 03.

I have a completely stock Mach 460 system, and when you turn on the radio (sometimes; this is not happening every time), when the sub and rear speakers kick on (a second or 2 after the rest of the system), I get a horrible hum that seems to follow RPM. At lower RPM's, it is a deeper sound, but at higher RPM's (4-5k) it's a higher pitched sound that can barely be heard over the engine noise.

It does not happen every time, and it only happens when what seems like the sub, or rear speakers turns on. You know how you turn the radio on, and you get your music, but about 1.5 seconds later, something else comes on that makes it all sounds better, with more bass, etc.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me, because it's driving me insane when it happens. I can turn the radio on an off multiple times and eventually it will stop the hum, but it takes like 20 times.

gray03beast

Established Member
mine did the same once or twice i taped on the drivers side amp just too see and it stoped and never done it since but i dont know .

AMD[H]unter

Banned
mine did the same once or twice i taped on the drivers side amp just too see and it stoped and never done it since but i dont know .

Interesting. I have been considering getting in the trunk and beating the everloving shit out of it all with a stick and see if that would work. It's about to drive me insane.

AMD[H]unter

Banned
I tapped on the amps back there and it didn't do any good. Thankfully it went away after a couple miles today. Anyone got any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread