Weird circumstances, also need opinions from those with non track pack 350

ara

Established Member
Long story short, been a mustang lover my whole life. Just never pulled the trigger on it. Had an R35 GTR that I sold as I was having back issues unrelated to the car. Now those issues are under control with the right therapy.

I have a new Jeep SRT I bought last year, badass daily but I started missing having a fast or fun vehicle so I bought a ducati panigale.

All was good, my friend wanted a gtr after riding in mine, so he ordered one. It came with the wrong wheels (nissan sent a batch of cars without the black edition wheels) so that deal tanked, he bought a fully loaded m4 in December and now recently found the right GTR so he was willing to sell me the m4 at his trade value which I was 100% in. Wasn't my first choice car as I planned to get a 350R or another GTR for next summer. But all was ready paperwork too, we were doing the deal this upcoming Tuesday after the snow is gone. and boom last night he got hit by a drunk driver and totaled the m4. thank fully he is OK:coolman:. that car was a tank.

Now he will still get GTR and now I don't get a sports car for summer, boohoo

I wanted to get a 350r, dealer owner is keeping the allocation for him and there's like 2 coming to my province. Big pain in the ass :fm:, then ford decided to keep the 350 track pack the crappy infotainment system, and vice versa if you get tech package you cannot get track pack.

My plan before the m4 was to order potentially a new 350 for next model year with all the options or an R, now that this scenario unfolded I'm left wanting a sports car again, there's a few 350's available in Canada, but I'm not sure which package is more important. I like a nice screen in the car, but I also want to do lapping days.

Do I just suck it up and ride the bike and get what I want next year? Also updated GTR being revealed this week as well.

Sorry for the novel. I really am bored at my office now, can use your thoughts:D

raiderjatt02

Established Member
Since you really want that screen and want to track it, your best bet would be to just wait and get a MY2017 to get the best of both worlds. Don't expect much from the speakers no matter which package you get. I have a track pack and the sound system is shit but I have absolutely no issues with that as my stereo is almost always off anyways. I heard that the tech pack sound system isn't too great either but I have not heard it in person for myself.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Order a '17 GT350 the way you want for next year, but for now buy a 12/13 Boss - prices are down on and they won't drop as quick as a regular GT would and you can have some track fun this year, sell it next spring for very little loss when your GT350 comes in.

Para81

Established Member
A stereo dictates your sports car purchase??????

Dude get the Track Pack G3T50 and add a stereo of your choice. You won't be happy with the 7,000 dollar stereo Ford offers anyway.

5 DOT 0

Established Member

Dude get the Track Pack G3T50 and add a stereo of your choice. You won't be happy with the 7,000 dollar stereo Ford offers anyway.
This. I doubt you'll be happy with a Boss 302 so skip that idea.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator

Helmet

Established Member

Only if adding an after market stereo were that easy

Last edited:

Twinpwr

Established Member
Agreed. I'd rather retrofit a Sync 3 system that all the plumbing of trans & diff coolers

This makes sense if you can maintain stock look, I'm not a fan of aftermarket stereo look.

As far as Tech vs. Track it comes down to intended use...you'll never needed coolers unless you're planning 20- minute road course sessions (which I'd bet less than 5% of owners ever need).

In case I'm wrong, I already submitted request to spec MY17 350R. I have good connection.

ara

Established Member
I don't like non OEM look and the look of the non tech interior is terrible, no offense. They could have done a better job, I do not understand the logic behind that tiny screen or the fact that we cannot get both packages together. It's a terrible move that probably cost ford some sales, there's only 3 dealers around here that can get an R. And all of them are spoken for, it's really annoying that we cannot get an allocation on a 100 000$ mustang. Anyway, I'll see what I can do and be patient. If not there are plenty of other cars I can get, a zr1 would be awesome for same price.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
You can add Sync 3 to the track Pack cars.. its not a big deal.. I have been helping people do it.. its all factory parts..

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I can try.. the main issue is I have basically just sent instructions with the units programmed to others.. it isn't that hard really..

It is much less expensive to go MFT.. and being that there are 15 GT350s and 350 Rs around I can even do the boot up screen.. I also can do Sync 3 but the cost is up there.. MFT will be around 1100 -1500 all in.. I have both a Sync 3 with Nav and without.. they are 1500 - 2000 for just the units and then the bezel is about 5-600$ if you do the upgrade its a good time to go ahead and do SAT radio and HD radio while you're at it.. so I can ship an ACM with those features..

You have to relocate a couple of wires.. its not a big deal.. the plugs on the Sync modules are the same.. so like I said. Its just a matter of moving some wires.. the other gained benefit is you will have automatic climate controls. You will not have dual zone all though the button will be there.. it just won't function.

I know it isn't a right up per say.. but it gives an idea of cost.. and the install is not that complicated.. I have had people with little to no experience successfully get the conversion done.

Last edited:

CO Mack

Established Member
I have a Tech, and do not regret it. You get heated/cooled seats, better nav/infotainment, better AC controls, the toggle switches, the all important magride etc. What you don't get, basically, are Recaros and the trans and diff coolers. (there are a couple of other small differences) I know for a fact Ford is working on a cooler kit, and my car will not be doing a bunch of track days, so I am very happy with my choice.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
14GT5HUNDRED, I'll send you a relevant pm when I have some time. I'm very interested in an upgrade using the factory hardware.

Shelbyman

Established Member
I have a Tech, and do not regret it. You get heated/cooled seats, better nav/infotainment, better AC controls, the toggle switches, the all important magride etc. What you don't get, basically, are Recaros and the trans and diff coolers. (there are a couple of other small differences) I know for a fact Ford is working on a cooler kit, and my car will not be doing a bunch of track days, so I am very happy with my choice.

I have a Track pack and am happy with it because of the coolers, and rear wing and because of the price I paid wasn't too much over MSRP. I know I would have been happy with the Tech pkg as well. The annoying thing with the Track pkg is you have to go through the settings screen every time you start it to put the exhaust on the track setting. With the Tech pkg you just hit the toggle and its on...much more convenient. In my opinion you can have the Recaros...unless you are 5'10" and 165lb they kinda suck for leisure driving. The back of the seat is ok for me but the bolsters on the bottom are way to tight for me (6' 225lb)...totally annoying and make exiting the car a chore. So I put in a set of cloth power buckets out of a 2015 GT and they are WAY more comfortable and match the rear seating perfectly...white stitching and all. Had the local Ford dealer do the install because they have access to the FORD computers for the wiring diagrams of where to pick up the power and grounds. They did a good job and the seats work perfectly. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread