Weird circumstances, also need opinions from those with non track pack 350

CO Mack

Established Member
Yep, bet that looks factory. I think I want to add the "R" splitter and wing anyway so I'm not upset about the fact my spoiler is a bit smaller. There are also subtle spring rate differences between the cars. I love the exhaust toggle, and the general look of the stack much more in the tech, and the dual zone for the Mrs is key to enjoying road trips. Ford will release the cooler kit and I wasn't going through the hassle/ADM of an R and then have to also buy a back seat kit...so, here I am.

ara

Established Member
so I got lucky when I commented on an instagram post by ford canada, a dealer from Ontario got in touch with me and get secure me a R allocation 2017 model for delivery in September (not ideal, prefer in spring) but I will call him tomorrow to get more info as production is apparently in June 2016. They want a 10k deposit, I'm not sure about pricing yet, but I will not pay more than MSRP. This car is almost a 100k in Canada so I can get into another GTR for that price.

They want 10k deposit, which I find a bit extreme. My friend ordered an amg gts 160k car and put down 2500$, any opinion on that? Anyone can confirm production for Canada and the dates? Would suck to get in september and not drive much to store it, already had storing my bike now coming home with 2 toys in winter stored life will suck :D

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
so I got lucky when I commented on an instagram post by ford canada, a dealer from Ontario got in touch with me and get secure me a R allocation 2017 model for delivery in September (not ideal, prefer in spring) but I will call him tomorrow to get more info as production is apparently in June 2016. They want a 10k deposit, I'm not sure about pricing yet, but I will not pay more than MSRP. This car is almost a 100k in Canada so I can get into another GTR for that price.

They want 10k deposit, which I find a bit extreme. My friend ordered an amg gts 160k car and put down 2500$, any opinion on that? Anyone can confirm production for Canada and the dates? Would suck to get in september and not drive much to store it, already had storing my bike now coming home with 2 toys in winter stored life will suck :D
I wouldn't count on landing that car if you're not willing to pay over MSRP. You should negotiate that part already so you're not disappointed later to be sure.

SoCalShark

Established Member
Long story short, been a mustang lover my whole life. Just never pulled the trigger on it. Had an R35 GTR that I sold as I was having back issues unrelated to the car. Now those issues are under control with the right therapy.

I have a new Jeep SRT I bought last year, badass daily but I started missing having a fast or fun vehicle so I bought a ducati panigale.

All was good, my friend wanted a gtr after riding in mine, so he ordered one. It came with the wrong wheels (nissan sent a batch of cars without the black edition wheels) so that deal tanked, he bought a fully loaded m4 in December and now recently found the right GTR so he was willing to sell me the m4 at his trade value which I was 100% in. Wasn't my first choice car as I planned to get a 350R or another GTR for next summer. But all was ready paperwork too, we were doing the deal this upcoming Tuesday after the snow is gone. and boom last night he got hit by a drunk driver and totaled the m4. thank fully he is OK:coolman:. that car was a tank.

Now he will still get GTR and now I don't get a sports car for summer, boohoo

I wanted to get a 350r, dealer owner is keeping the allocation for him and there's like 2 coming to my province. Big pain in the ass :fm:, then ford decided to keep the 350 track pack the crappy infotainment system, and vice versa if you get tech package you cannot get track pack.

My plan before the m4 was to order potentially a new 350 for next model year with all the options or an R, now that this scenario unfolded I'm left wanting a sports car again, there's a few 350's available in Canada, but I'm not sure which package is more important. I like a nice screen in the car, but I also want to do lapping days.

Do I just suck it up and ride the bike and get what I want next year? Also updated GTR being revealed this week as well.

Sorry for the novel. I really am bored at my office now, can use your thoughts:D

IMO:
If you can get the R for your price then absolutely do it! If not, then order the 17 where you can get the coolers and electronics on the Non-R. The sync 3 and nav are good. As most say the radio is ehhh. If you cant wait, then try to snatch up a 16 TP if you can find one and do the after-add of the sync. Personally I say just roll the windows down, and turn your exhaust on sport and there you have your tunes. :kaboom:

ara

Established Member
spoke to the dealer today, super nice guy. He will try and see if he can get me a build date that delivers end of winter 2017. And he did mention they charged 20k over list for the 16's. I told him I won't be interested if I have to pay 20k over list for a car. I will go buy a GTR and wait till these fall back down to earth price wise. In Canada it's a relatively new concept of paying over list. I don't work that way, pay way too much in taxes to dump that much more for a car. He will check with his manager and get back to me, I told him I'm not a flipper. This car is a keeper for many years for me. Keep you guys updated :)

Para81

Established Member
spoke to the dealer today, super nice guy. He will try and see if he can get me a build date that delivers end of winter 2017. And he did mention they charged 20k over list for the 16's. I told him I won't be interested if I have to pay 20k over list for a car. I will go buy a GTR and wait till these fall back down to earth price wise. In Canada it's a relatively new concept of paying over list. I don't work that way, pay way too much in taxes to dump that much more for a car. He will check with his manager and get back to me, I told him I'm not a flipper. This car is a keeper for many years for me. Keep you guys updated :)

The GTR is a nice car but it's no Shelby GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread