Weird cranking issue

burgerdude

Established Member
Hello gents, I have a strange starting issue that has been around for a while and I would love to get rid of it. Sometimes it'll happen the first time i try to turn the car over, most of the time its after the car has been runnin (2 seconds or 2 hours) if it dies,stall, or stops running for some reason, I have to wait a minute or two to have the car turn over without a problem, if not I get a hesitant crank as in example: turn, stop, turn stop, turn stop - fire. Its like there are no amps and its gotta recharge for a second. I wouldn't think it would take this much juice to turn this thing over. :shrug:

Optima red top, trunk mounted 00 wire up to the front, ground wire routed through the trunk attached to the body, braided ground from engine block to body up front. All connections are good. Can I perform a test at home without calling the snap on guy for a cart charger.

Jimboslice751

Established Member
I don't know if this is your problem but My bud has a real high compression motor and if it got a little to much gas while not running cause it stalled or something like that and flooded a bit then the engine wouldn't turn over because it couldn't compress the extra gas because well liquids don't compress too well. You would have to wait like 5 minutes for it to evaporate. I don't know if this is the cause to your problem but it seems similar.

Users who are viewing this thread