weird hesitation at slight throttle..

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
I know there are a bunch of threads on this but want a opinion from you guys on my issue. Run down is back in January I started a lot of upgrades I been needing to do. Clutch, flywheel, cable, tob, sleeve, pilot, shifter, posi, big air maf, high boost gen 2, dragon tb an plenum, battery relocate, coolant tank where battery sits,intercooler, thermostat, tune...worked with a few tuners changed plugs. An still has a slight hesitation under light throttle. Wot is perfect. When the car is cold it's really bad just give it almost half when not up to temp yet it just spits an sputters an wants to die seems like. I wait till op temp an do it again an there the hesitation is but a lot better then when it's cold, the further I push the pedal better it gets I am lost. I've Checked all vacuum lines changed plugs an had my tuner send another file still there. Anybody have any idea. Where I should look next. I know it's a lot to read but Iam tired of looking for gremlins lol..

Thanks
Brandon

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
Noticed today also when I pump gas now if the car is running no matter what level..get done get in the car the needle never moves. Till kill the car an restart

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
Ok guys ruled out coil packs there all working on both sides. Plugs are new checked all vacuum lines again also. Narrowed it down to hesitation only happens below 3k rpms spit an suppers when cold hesitates when up yo temp. Put a snap on scanner on it only thing it Finding is pcm mismatched. Nothing else what out of place on the readings. Has a stumble about every 10 seconds at the tail pipes you can hear. Mainly on the driver side tail pipe. When I changed the plugs driver side was worse then the passengers. So any idea guys?

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Along with datalogging, do you have a wideband? It could be a lean spot or whats referred to as lean throttle tip in.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
If it's doing it under throttle it sounds like the PPRV in the gas tank. not sure if you did the delete or not. But it definitely seems to sound like a fuel issue. Vacuum leaks would effect the car in any condition. maybe check all the fuel lines are connected and not blocked. could've sucked up dirt from the tank or just got a bad tank and something is running in the system. Look at all the mechanical issues first before you think electronically.

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
Think It's gonna be the pprv cause lately I've been running it low on fuel it does have 90k miles an what else would explain the plugs on driver side look bad an the passenger side look fine doesn't the fuel line run to passenger side then cross to the driver? Haven't had a chance to data log yet or anything with all the holidays an all. I know I need submersible hose an clamps where would I buy the Y block for pprv delete instead of buying the expensive delete kit. Gonna do it anyway an see if it fixes it...

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Differences between the banks of cylinders such as plugs on driver's side looking different to plugs on passenger's side is a mechanical fault. Not a tune issue. You could also be experiencing a tune issue but the differences in halves of the engine is mechanical. Get that fixed first. Perhaps start with a compression and leak down test and see if the two banks of cylinders are way off from each other.

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
did leak down all came out fine. still haven't datalogged yet waiting on battery to come in from dell still which is on backorder for the laptop. from what I have researched ive found this.

frps problem
maf
pprv
tune
fuel filter.

well the maf is new an is working. again after driving it today symptom's are hesitation when accelerating only. WOT doesn't miss a beat. just regular driving its fine just part throttle it hesitates. coil packs are good plugs good. I emailed my tuner haven't heard back from him on what he thinks. I tried a slight dead stop run earlier to feel it out an it bogs down big time from a dead stop at wot but once I shift to second it feels like its suppose to. wont spin tho at all unless I dump clutch above 3k but bogs down still..iam just lost. trying to work on this an my diseal truck at the same time is getting old lol sorry so long guys. just trying to describe everything.

Users who are viewing this thread