weird missing problem on 04 F150

no1sirbutler

Established Member
Ok guys

My buddy has a 04 F150 and its missing in a weird way. It acts exactly like bad gas but weve drained the tank and have ran premium through it plus its had several tanks ran through since it started. Also changed fuel pump and filter according to Ford garage. ford also told us its a misfire in cylinder 7 and change the COP. He did and it still does it. Ford then said it was the spark plug, then the injector, and then said it was the fuel pump after none of these fixed it. Truck has thrown no CEL and it does it randomly. Even when it does it, you can let off the gas and just ease back into it and runs fine. Do you guys have any ideas what it could be?

Keep im mine it has new COP, injector, spark plugs on cylinger 7, and fuel filter and pump according to Ford garage. So right now we arent trusting the local dealership. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Intermittent problems are always the worst to diagnose. Possibility of a bad COP?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Ok guys

My buddy has a 04 F150 and its missing in a weird way. It acts exactly like bad gas but weve drained the tank and have ran premium through it plus its had several tanks ran through since it started. Also changed fuel pump and filter according to Ford garage. ford also told us its a misfire in cylinder 7 and change the COP. He did and it still does it. Ford then said it was the spark plug, then the injector, and then said it was the fuel pump after none of these fixed it. Truck has thrown no CEL and it does it randomly. Even when it does it, you can let off the gas and just ease back into it and runs fine. Do you guys have any ideas what it could be?

Keep im mine it has new COP, injector, spark plugs on cylinger 7, and fuel filter and pump according to Ford garage. So right now we arent trusting the local dealership. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

the dealership has the diagnostic tool that will read the cylinders and will show which one is misfiring. with that said, if they told you cylinder #7 i would check the cylinder that is 7th in the firing order. you can go through one by one and unplug each cop and see if it has an effect on the idle. then do the same thing with each injector.
after that start checking the actual connectors to the cop's and the injectors. it's funny that no light is coming up on the dash though.

good luck

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
My first thought was COP as well, but you said they swapped it already. Sounds similar to a bad COP I had on my 98 F150 5.4. Your buddy hasn't washed the engine bay recently, has he? He may have more than one intermittent COP.

khooper

Established Member
The first thing to do is to check all wires and connectors. Each connector should be disconnected, cleaned by filing lightly or sanding, and lubed with something like WD-40.Another thing to check for is cracked spark plug wires, which allow the very high voltage spark current to escape and short to the engine. This problem is typically the worst when the engine is wet. You can check for this by running the bike in the dark (don't do this in an enclosed area) and throwing water in the wires.

ubeatyggo

Banned
Great

bump then lurk as soon as possible  Let us take a moment of the time just to pay tribute and show appreciation to the person called mom though some may not say it openly to their mother. There's no substitute for her. Cherish every single moment. Though at times she may not be the best of friends, may not agree to our thoughts, she is still your mother!!! She will be there for you...to listen to your woes, your braggings, your frustrations, etc. Ask yourself...have you put aside enough time for her, to listen to her “blues” of working in the kitchen, her tiredness? Be tactful, loving and still show her due respect though you may have a different view from hers. Once gone, only fond memories of the past and also regrets will be left.  Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Love her more than you love yourself. Life is meaningless without her ...Thsale is a professional, loyal and reliable wow gold supplier online, we pioneered selling cheap wow gold. Welcome to thsale buy world of warcraft gold Buy Cheap WoW Gold, World of Warcraft Gold, Please look here! We are a Great MMORPG company. wow money and wow items,which is very cheap WOW Gold!All US Server 24.99$/1000G on sell! Cheap wow gold,rs powerleveling,wow power leveling,Buy Cheapest/Safe/Fast WoW US EU Gold Power leveling --------------------------------our wow gold site:buy WoW Gold,cheap WoW Gold,free WoW Gold, buy wow power leveling,cheap wow power leveling,

lookin4more

Established Member
I worked on a truck that acted identical with what your describing. Replaced everything under warranty never showed a miss on a power balance but you could feel it intermittently. ford recommended replacing the cyl head and bam miss went away. Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread