Weird noise at high above 4000 rpm when decelerating

HarleyC13

Established Member
I have been trying to track down this noise for a while now with no luck. Has anyone experienced something similar. It sounds like it is coming from directly infront of the dash.

Only starts after higher rpm’s when boost starts and happens while decelerating

It seemingly goes away with the clutch pedal pushed in to shift and comes right back when engaging the next gear. It sort of resonates and remains until it fades away. Sounds like a robot dying.

Thanks,
Don’t roast me, just trying to learn

LS WUT

Established Member
Well I’ll say it’s hard to diagnose the sound when your phone is laid on the dash. All I hear is your phone hitting the windshield or something.

I’m driving my GT500 right now and If the sound I’m thinking of is the same. It’s fine.

HarleyC13

Established Member
Well I’ll say it’s hard to diagnose the sound when your phone is laid on the dash. All I hear is your phone hitting the windshield or something.

I’m driving my GT500 right now and If the sound I’m thinking of is the same. It’s fine.
Thanks for your reply, and I know it’s hard to hear with the phone rattling around, but i didn’t know where else to put it.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been trying to track down this noise for a while now with no luck. Has anyone experienced something similar. It sounds like it is coming from directly infront of the dash.

Only starts after higher rpm’s when boost starts and happens while decelerating

It seemingly goes away with the clutch pedal pushed in to shift and comes right back when engaging the next gear. It sort of resonates and remains until it fades away. Sounds like a robot dying.

Thanks,
Don’t roast me, just trying to learn

Where in Ga are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread