Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

97SVTStang

Established Member
Well been thinkin about this for awhile and I think I am going to do it. I am going to put Weld's on all 4 corners, but cant decide which ones. Help.

Also anyone know what size works with the Cobra front brakes. I know I need a 5 1/2 backspacing for the rear but what about the front. Going with 15 x 10's in the rear, just dont know what I need for the front. I think I am going to try those new Mickey Thompson drag radial tires, been hearing nothing but good things about those tires.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
if i'm not mistaken - its somewhere a long the lines of 1 3/4" spacer for the front or something crazy like that.

wicked5_0

Established Member
OK, we need more information. Are you planning on setting this up for an all out drag car? Serious street? What? :poke:

97SVTStang

Established Member
Street/drag I already have 2 15x8 draglites with 26x10.5 ET Streets mounted on them. But never got the front ones to match. Been tired of loosing races on the street cause I cant get enough tire on those 15x8 rims to hook on the street nor on the track. I even borrowed my buddies 28x11.5 ET Streets and still cant grab traction on the street but at the track they worked out pretty well.

So hence the idea of going with a wider rim in the back and this time I am completing the package I am putting the skinnies up front. I dont road race, drag race only. I dont need anyone telling me how skinnies up front are dangerous in high speed turns, I already know this.

Last edited:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
no offense, but it sounds like it might be driver error. My 275/40/17 nitto drag radials dead hooked 540ft/lbs of torque from a 1st gear roll after a short 2nd gear rolling burnout.

I have 26x10.5x15 ET Streets mounted on 15x7 v6 mustang rims and was pulling super low 1.7s on a crappy no weight transferring suspension set up and even mustered a 1.68 on motor....on the street in bitter cold weather, it will hook a 150 shot in first (witha 4.30 gear) with no burnout and 25psi....

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
what kind of air pressure and what kind of rolls are you going from? street racing, i try to run about 20psi. as i say, its hooked on 25psi before...

97SVTStang

Established Member
Racing around here is all from the line, not too many rolls. Only people who do rolls are the turbo guys for obvious reasons.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i wish it was like that around here, the only people wanting to go from digs are the AWD guys and the 7-800hp race cars....everyone else want's to go from a roll to eliminate "driver error" and to "avoid the risk of breaking something"

my thoughts are, if you have a good enough suspension, you don't have to worry about driver error from a dig - just drop it off the limiter. And i wouldn't race at all if i was afraid to break something.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
97SVTStang said:
Well I always say if your not breaking stuff your not fast :rockon:

then i must have the fastest car in the world. i break something every time i drive it :lol: :-D

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Bogarts all the way !!!

bogarts_1.jpg

bogarts_3.jpg

:rockon: :burnout: :beer:

djcobra1

Established Member
Did you change your front brakes to run the 15" wheels? I'm changing my front brakes to "04"pbr brakes right now so I can run 15".And I test fitted 15x3.5 prostars and still need a 7/16"spacer or a thinner spacer and start grinding on the caliper.How do you like the ET fronts on the street?

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
The Bogart front skinnies already have the spacer welded on the wheel so all you will need is either long shank lugnuts or long studs with open lugnuts...

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
i think pro stars look sweet on any car. thats all we have on our cars. i need to save some money. those bogarts look insane. hey xtremejc how much did they cost, i wouldnt mind getting a set for my 98.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
dem bogarts are eSPIEEENsive....

I've been looking at a set of pro-star XPs for my car....not to bad on the price, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread