Welding axle tubes near central Jersey

ExTurbo

Established Member
I posted a thread in the 10-14 section as well but I figure I might get a better response here. Lately ive been seeing a lot of guys twisting axle tubes and im trying to avoid this and get my car ready for a sticky tire. Id love some feedback from those that have had it done on where to go. Ive made a few calls but so far no one is comfortable doing it (as there's a serious chance of warping unless done properly. I would have my relocation brackets welded as well, and have em throw in an upper control arm to correct the pinion angle at the same time. Any help is appreciated!

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
I posted a thread in the 10-14 section as well but I figure I might get a better response here. Lately ive been seeing a lot of guys twisting axle tubes and im trying to avoid this and get my car ready for a sticky tire. Id love some feedback from those that have had it done on where to go. Ive made a few calls but so far no one is comfortable doing it (as there's a serious chance of warping unless done properly. I would have my relocation brackets welded as well, and have em throw in an upper control arm to correct the pinion angle at the same time. Any help is appreciated!

I do all my own work the best way is to get a solid metal rod that will go through the whole rear to make sure nothing warps with 1 single bead. Which is what a certified weld is not letting up til welds complete. But have seen the weld a little at a time method work. I had a rod made specific for 8.8 sense it's a common axel I use it a lot on builds and I got a stand from jegs for rears on engine stands. Not sure if you weld but that's what's required. Find a chassis shop for the brackets if it's to tough to tackle. Just need to mock up brackets tack then weld

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread