Well, another hurtle behind me.

Ginsu

Established Member
I took the polygraph for GSP today and did well! The only problem is the April academy has been postponed which means the Feb. oral board and phy., and March physical exam is now on hold till further notice. When I did the PT test in Dec. the staff told everyone that this might happen with the new Gov. coming in, and that the new date might be in July. So this was not a suprise. The polygraph administrator said that a July or Aug start date would be likely since Georgia's new budget starts in July. So now I will have approx. 2 weeks to wait to be contacted by a background investigator to contact me.

The delay is a disappointment but Semper Flexable.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Rob Congratulations! Dont worry the time will fly, before you know it you will getting screamed at again in training by some idiot you know more than:)

And yes the K.I.S.S. principle is a good one.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
I'd keep sending applications to other jurisdictions. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Consider Secret Service. They are hiring big time. Good Luck

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Stay local, dont go Federal!

Plus Secret Service is being rolled into Dept of Homeland Security as of supposedly March 1.

Ginsu

Established Member
Well this has come to a screaching halt! There are a few things that I did as a juvenile that are still haunting me :bash: :cuss:. Nothing major but 1986 was a trying year for me, even though it was 17 years ago. Anyway the letter I got said that because of an issue I did not meet the hiring guild line. Oh well, my department is not that bad and as a result I have put in my requests for assignment to our DUI Task Force. After I was hired I decided that is what I want to do after I had enough time on the job. And recently there has been some talk about making some good changes that came down from our new deputy chief, which if half of those changes take place I will be very pleased.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Good luck with everything Rob. You will do great. Plus you didnt want to make left hand turns all day long.

Be well

Users who are viewing this thread