well boys, i got some new goodies for the Cobra

01SVT2894

Established Member
i don't post here like i should... but i haven't been able to do what i want to with my Cobra since i bought it. some of you guys know, some of you don't... i'm stationed overseas and my Cobra is in storage at my Dad's house.

but, i leave here in Dec so it's time to start buying some goodies.

opinions?
1mach1.jpg

2mach1.jpg

3mach1.jpg

4mach1.jpg

so, i'll go from this:
cobra66.jpg

to this:
cobrawmach1.jpg

:bowdown:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
the photochopped pic makes the car look really weird. Maybe once you have it on it'll look better.

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
i agree, its your car and you do with it what you like, but i think you should leave your cobra looking like a cobra, not like some mach 1 with cobra emblems or something. but thats just me

01SVT2894

Established Member
countrysquire said:
i agree, its your car and you do with it what you like, but i think you should leave your cobra looking like a cobra, not like some mach 1 with cobra emblems or something. but thats just me
i gotta tell ya... i still have my 03 Cobra rear bumper cover, my grille emblem, my fender emblems, my seats, my steering wheel, my brakes, etc...

so i'm thinking it will look like a Cobra with a mach 1 hood... not a Mach 1 with Cobra stuff.

but thanks for the reply... all opinions are welcome.

UCBeau

in my opinion, it will not look good at all. but like everyone else has said, its your car so do whatever you want :)

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
meh...most of the people around here wouldnt know the differance between a mustang, mach1 or cobra. besides, if they cant figure out what it is, i dont want them to know anyway....

01SVT2894

Established Member
well, either way... i think it's a huge improvment over the hood thats on it now. i hate the fact that both my Cobra and my V6 have the same hood.

01 Venom

Established Member
I dont know, I dont like the shaker system, it looks like more of a restriction then a help to me. Maybe a bit cooler air charge but its a ton of pumbing under the hood

Orlandostang

Established Member
shame302 said:
meh...most of the people around here wouldnt know the differance between a mustang, mach1 or cobra. besides, if they cant figure out what it is, i dont want them to know anyway....
+1

It's your car, If you like it that's all that matters.

A little OT but, I see so many Fobras driving around, I have thought about badging my cobra with the V6 pony badges, and hope the Fobras try me. I would do it, but I love the snakes, and the fact that I have a REAL COBRA.

If you like the look of the Mach1, I know I do, then go for it, and enjoy. :thumbsup:

01SVT2894

Established Member
Orlandostang said:
+1

It's your car, If you like it that's all that matters.

A little OT but, I see so many Fobras driving around, I have thought about badging my cobra with the V6 pony badges, and hope the Fobras try me. I would do it, but I love the snakes, and the fact that I have a REAL COBRA.

If you like the look of the Mach1, I know I do, then go for it, and enjoy. :thumbsup:
thanks for the reply. i gotta say, i'm suprised at all the negative feedback i'm getting on this. now, if i was putting a "Mach 1" emblem on my car, then i could see how i'd be inviting the bad vibe... but this is just a hood and scoop... to me, it's no different than the fact that i have a pair of GT side scoops on my car... or the fact that i have a 2 tone leather GT steering wheel on my car... or hell, for that matter, that fact that i have a pair GT foglights installed on my V6. but whatever... you can't win them all over, all the time.

i'm not doing this for HP increases. this is strictly cosmetic. it will be installed just like factory, so i'm sure there will be some gains associated with this setup, but thats not why i'm doing it.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Enjoy your car...that is priority number one. That being said, the comments about it looking like a Mach with Cobra badges is because the shaker is such a dominant thing that even predates the Cobras. That is where that comment is founded.

The main thing is that you are doing what you like and that it is unique. Go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread