Well fellas I took the plunge

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
and bought a new truck (to me atleast). I have wanted a Cummins diesel for quite some time. And I have finally got one

06 5.9l Cummins, 6spd, 29k on the clock, Burgandy QuadCab with shortbed, with Banks exhaust and Banks High Ram Intake.

cobb289

Established Member
ha i thought this thread was about you getting married. i was gonna ask for your adress to male you a sympathy card lol. congrats on the new truck!

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I have yet to pick it up, they had a few little things to fix before I wanted to take it home. As far as building it up, it may get a "Smarty Box" on it or a Dave Guy tune from SGS performance in Dillsburg. Other than that its a daily driver used to tow and haul at times.

Any tips on modding it, like simple stuff, I heard about a removing the silencer ring?

And as far as marriage, haha, not happening anytime soon

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
I have always wanted a Cummins. I currently have a Dodge gasser. It is slower than my Grandmother up a flight of stairs.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
All I can say man is the 5.9s are getttin harder to find, and after driving the 6.7 the other night it is no comparison to the 5.9.

01-03 24v's are getting into a fairly cheap price range, and really don't have many miles on it for a diesel.

NXSVTCOBRA

is it a 3/4 ton? 1 ton?

I've got a '01 DRW 1 ton 6 speed (HO) only has 126k on it

Eventually I'm going to buy a DRW 1 ton Ford Gasser and swap a p-pump 24v in it. I've been putting it off for quite some time. I love the looks of F350, the room, the "ruggedness," the ride, and the comfort (I don't give a damn who you are Dodge's seats are uncomfortable as hell compared to Fords). I can go on. But the powerplants are less than adequate compared to the Cummins. Cummins have the cheaper parts, less parts and make more power. Take away the Cummins out of the Dodge and you'd have a horrible vehicle. I can go on about the things I don't like about Dodge trucks compared to Ford but the motor supersedes my complaints.

pm me if you need any tips or anything on your truck. And I'd go with an Edge Juice with attitude and the monitor it has gauges built in and makes a bit more power than the smarty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread