Well got a baseline dyno done....

ChadS98GT

Established Member
Numbers were 276/286

I will try and scan the graph later when I am at home.......seems right on target for a bone stock 99 Cobra.....

Let the mods begin :) :banana:

RioRed4v

Established Member
your car is definitely running up to par. time to slap that JLT on there and go hit the dyno again :coolman:

RioRed4v

Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
nice #'s wished i had gotten a baseline. i also agree with slappin on a JLT and hit the dyno again =].

his JLT is sitting in my garage..if he doesnt hurry up, it's gonna end up missing ;-)

Mattz

Established Member
Man that seems really good... have a question for you guys. The Cobra I am lookin at is an 01, with 14k miles. It had JBA shorty headers, full Bassani X pipe and catback exhaust, and gears. He had a chip tuned for the car and everything, and it put down 279 to the wheels on a dyno... but this is in Cali... does that seem normal or is that pretty low?

RioRed4v

Established Member
Mattz said:
Man that seems really good... have a question for you guys. The Cobra I am lookin at is an 01, with 14k miles. It had JBA shorty headers, full Bassani X pipe and catback exhaust, and gears. He had a chip tuned for the car and everything, and it put down 279 to the wheels on a dyno... but this is in Cali... does that seem normal or is that pretty low?

what type of dyno, how hot was it out, what gears??

your numbers seem a tad low (sorry). my car with just a Dr. Gas x-pipe and Borla catback made 297rwhp (paper filter and in 90-100 degree heat).

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Mattz said:
That does seem a bit low... I have the JBA shorties, magnaflow x pipe, borla catback, chip, densecharger CAI, and underdrive pullies - my dyno numbers are in my sig (actually they are lower then they should be - I need to take it back to the dealer for a reflash as the tuner couldn't fix a problem I have due to a dealer reflash to fix the tick. I found out that I didn't have the tick, just a header leak :rollseyes ).

Last edited:

ChadS98GT

Established Member
thanks guys....

The JLT will be going on this week....also have plans for a O/R pipe and probalby just weld in mufflers for now....

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Count DOWN to Dec 1st. 9 more days..... :loser:
Count Down to my B-Day-19 more days.... BIG 21 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

chuckstang

Established Member
Hey guys, not to steal the thread, buy my 99 made 281 hp and 273 tq with a bassani highflow x-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, and bbk cai. the car also has a chip and was tuned. why sooo low, especially my tq!!!! and yes it has had the fix also my tq does not keep climbing up to the redline like hp, is that right?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Hey guys, not to steal the thread, buy my 99 made 281 hp and 273 tq with a bassani highflow x-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, and bbk cai. the car also has a chip and was tuned. why sooo low, especially my tq!!!! and yes it has had the fix also my tq does not keep climbing up to the redline like hp, is that right?

ditch the flows they dont flow for shit at high RPMs

Users who are viewing this thread