Well i Enlisted today!

03cobraracer

Established Member
I am officially enlisted in the US Army for 31B Military Police!

Spent a nice long boring day at MEPS today, you all know how that goes..lol luckily there was only 7 guys and 2 girls today so i went smoothly and quickly. passed my physical and everything else and swore in. so now i leave on Feb 7th 2011 for Ft Leonard wood MO. so glad that is over with!

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
You poor bastard...prepare to be hated for the next 4 years!!

I keed I keed...congrats on joining!

03cobraracer

Established Member
haha yeah ive been training already for 3 months and lost almost 30lbs. im working on my running alot! lol

and rubenk its 5 years of hate not 4! lol i dont care though, ive been in civilian law enforcement for about a year so im used to everyone hating me..lol i enjoy it though. i cant wait to get going, but at least i have 5 months to train and get ready. gonna buy new running shoes this week cause mine suck. lol

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
haha yeah ive been training already for 3 months and lost almost 30lbs. im working on my running alot! lol

and rubenk its 5 years of hate not 4! lol i dont care though, ive been in civilian law enforcement for about a year so im used to everyone hating me..lol i enjoy it though. i cant wait to get going, but at least i have 5 months to train and get ready. gonna buy new running shoes this week cause mine suck. lol

Thats good, keep up the motivation and youll go far. Oh, and take it easy on the Sappers, we are mortal enemies now by trade lol:rockon:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

Touche, I also signed up for 5years, albeit for a completely different MOS.

Being a civi LEO, your sole job isnt to pull over your brothers in arms, its a whole new level of dislike(or ass-kissing)...

Best of luck and keep on training your butt off! :thumbsup:

03cobraracer

Established Member
haha no problem man. i like everybody im not a dick to anybody unless they are to me first. i definately have alot of motivation though i wanna go far. im currently going in as a E-2 but gonna refer somebody most likely so i can go in as a E-3 before i leave.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Touche, I also signed up for 5years, albeit for a completely different MOS.

Being a civi LEO, your sole job isnt to pull over your brothers in arms, its a whole new level of dislike(or ass-kissing)...

Best of luck and keep on training your butt off! :thumbsup:

haha yeah i know hate to give fellow soldiers tickets, will try to keep that to a minimum for sure, unless they really do something stupid..lol i will be training like crazy though i wanna lose another 10-15lbs before i go and get good at running,situps,pushups,flutterkicks, etc.

Marc

Established Member
Welcome to the Armed Forces! Congrats on your decision. I have 26 years active duty in the Air Force, and still running strong.

I have a niece and nephew that will be active duty soon.

03cobraracer

Established Member
thanks everybody glad i finally have a direction in life.

and jerrad yeah bro i was right on the number, close call but i made it. once the physical was over and i saw on my paperwork i was good to go it was such a relief. everybody was actualy nice to us though didnt meet any of those not so nice meps workers, maybe cause a holiday weekend is comming and it was really slow yesterday..lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
thanks everybody glad i finally have a direction in life.

and jerrad yeah bro i was right on the number, close call but i made it. once the physical was over and i saw on my paperwork i was good to go it was such a relief. everybody was actualy nice to us though didnt meet any of those not so nice meps workers, maybe cause a holiday weekend is comming and it was really slow yesterday..lol

Glad to hear you got the number. By the time you ship off you'll be well below. :beer:

I'm betting it was because there were only 7 of you. lol
I didn't have any "mean" people just a couple that were impatient. I processed with about 35 people though, the meps people were running around to get everyone done.

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah i plan to be well below it by the time i leave..lol probably did help that there was only 7 of us though. but at least its over and done with now. i gotta go next week to my recruiters to setup my AKO account they said. then just train like a maniac ha

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
Congrats, for some reason MP's aren't liked all that well in Army. At least that's what I'm hearing from couple friends that have been in for a while lol. Don't sweat it though. Good luck and thanks for joining.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Haha yeah I've heard its not the most liked mos but its ok. Won't. Stop me from enjoying my job and doing a good job. I just can't wait to ship out and get my career started

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
Haha yeah I've heard its not the most liked mos but its ok. Won't. Stop me from enjoying my job and doing a good job. I just can't wait to ship out and get my career started

Me neither I've got 31 days left till I ship out. Good luck in your new career

blackfang

Established Member
Congrats. Welcome. We eat our own just so you know and very competitive.

PT and don't show up being a broke dick. Do not ask your DS stupid ****ing questions. I hated privates that did that, so I would punish everyone else. Study your general orders, Soldiers Creed and Warrior Ethos. You will go to the 43rd AG Reception Bn when you get there and deal with a plethora of shitbirds, so have fun. Ft Leonard Wood can be cold during that time of the year. If you dislike the weather suck it up because it will change in 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread