Well, i got a deposite down.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Yep, local dealer made an agreement today with me. In exchange for a deposite, he put it down that ill pay no more than MSRP. In his words "We have never put a markup on cars, and do not intend to do so ever, except for the GT Supercar". I can understand that.

He accepted 500$ down. I was the first person to put money down here and was told i would get to order the first one they would get with what i want.

The dealership is in Louisiana. Anyone seriously interested, PM me and i will send back the name. I do ask that you refer to me though, so i can get the 50 buck break :D

Anyone wanna buy a very nice 03? :D

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Why put any money down yet??? I went to my dealer and got on the buying list (#5)with no money down. They also confirmed that they will not charge any more than MSRP. I know this because I bought my 03 Cobra from them and they didn't mark the price up. It seems crazy to me for a dealer to require a down payment to be placed on a buying list when the car isn't even being produced yet. What's irritating is that the dealers are always figuring out new ways to rape us customers.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
The only reason i put money down is to be guaranteed the first one. Secondly, if it dont work out, a deposite is refundable. They dont keep that. Its not a rape, just a guarantee of seriousness.

No dealership around here would just "put me on a list". Only one dealership would guarantee that they wouldnt charge over MSRP.

Oh, and why put money down? Cause i want to be guaranteed the first one. If you dont, they can sell to people who bid more money. AKA, if someone went in to a dealership and "bought" higher on the list, then they can move you down. If i have money down and in writing that im first, they cant move me anywhere. Plus, if i do buy the car, the 500 goes towards it anyway if i dont want the check back.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
03Terminator said:
Why put any money down yet??? I went to my dealer and got on the buying list (#5)with no money down. They also confirmed that they will not charge any more than MSRP. I know this because I bought my 03 Cobra from them and they didn't mark the price up. It seems crazy to me for a dealer to require a down payment to be placed on a buying list when the car isn't even being produced yet. What's irritating is that the dealers are always figuring out new ways to rape us customers.

No money down and no paper work?? I hope you have a real good relationship with that dealer. To me it's like court, a verbal means nothing unlike paper. Also was yours with the salesman or manager?? Either way, the auto sales business has just as much turnover as working at McDonalds so I hope he/she is there when the time comes.

Good luck

R1Lello

Established Member
Benaa said:
Yep, local dealer made an agreement today with me. In exchange for a deposite, he put it down that ill pay no more than MSRP. In his words "We have never put a markup on cars, and do not intend to do so ever, except for the GT Supercar". I can understand that.

He accepted 500$ down. I was the first person to put money down here and was told i would get to order the first one they would get with what i want.

The dealership is in Louisiana. Anyone seriously interested, PM me and i will send back the name. I do ask that you refer to me though, so i can get the 50 buck break :D

Anyone wanna buy a very nice 03? :D

:bash:

$50?? That's it?? for all you that don't know, so called 'bird-dog' or 'finders' fee's are split 50/50 meaning the salesman eats $25 and the new car dept eats $25. As a result, they can really do any amount they want but the norm is $100 bucks

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
R1Lello said:
No money down and no paper work?? I hope you have a real good relationship with that dealer. To me it's like court, a verbal means nothing unlike paper. Also was yours with the salesman or manager?? Either way, the auto sales business has just as much turnover as working at McDonalds so I hope he/she is there when the time comes.

Good luck

Who said i dont have paperwork? I got a signed agreement, with details. I wouldnt put jack shit down without a guarantee. The salseman i dealt with has been there 13 years now. Ive bought from them before.

On a side note, verbal agreements are legal in louisiana. And i have a witness who was there the entire time and heard the whole thing. Im not stupid. Anxious like a kid before christmas, yes, but not stupid.

Im also familiar with the fact that no one knows for sure what the car will be. Thats why its REFUNDABLE. If something isnt to my liking, i can take my money and go elsewhere.

As far as if they get one. Their allotment on new SVT products is enough. They are the only one in a *roughly* 70 mile area. They usually get one early to build interest. Always have and probably will. If not, i will still have one on order as soon as possible, and should still have one of the first in the area. Its my decision, and ive been sure to leave myself outs in case i need them.

Sonic Snake

Established Member
Benaa said:
Who said i dont have paperwork? I got a signed agreement, with details. I wouldnt put jack shit down without a guarantee. The salseman i dealt with has been there 13 years now. Ive bought from them before.
Easy man, I don't think he was even talking to you. lol. He's referring to post #2. :beer:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Sonic Snake said:
Easy man, I don't think he was even talking to you. lol. He's referring to post #2. :beer:

Haha, sorry :D LIttle excited atm about a new toy. Even if the wait will kill me lol.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
I'm not worried about not having a deposit or money down. It's not like this is a limited production car. Ford has stated they will make as many as there are people to buy. I'm waiting to make my decision until I see the final production version.

Jim

R1Lello

Established Member
Benaa said:

On a side note, verbal agreements are legal in louisiana. And i have a witness who was there the entire time and heard the whole thing. Im not stupid. Anxious like a kid before christmas, yes, but not stupid.

Im also familiar with the fact that no one knows for sure what the car will be. Thats why its REFUNDABLE. If something isnt to my liking, i can take my money and go elsewhere.

As far as if they get one. Their allotment on new SVT products is enough. They are the only one in a *roughly* 70 mile area. They usually get one early to build interest. Always have and probably will. If not, i will still have one on order as soon as possible, and should still have one of the first in the area. Its my decision, and ive been sure to leave myself outs in case i need them.

:coolman: Easy buddy, easy.............I just don't believe you mentioned that it was on paper. Free country, do as you wish. It wasn't directed as a harch reply to you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread