Well i got a new car....

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Hell no i didnt sell the Lightning...

but since we think i bent a valve in the drivers side head the truck is going to be down for a month or two...

SO the fiance and i went down to all the huge car sales yesterday and picked up a 2004 Honda Accord Coupe... its just a mid sized 4 banger, 30+ mpg, i fit in the car (trust me its a HUGE deal), and we got it for dirt cheap...

Its the first major purchase the wife and i have made together... so yeah...

SO now that i have a new Daily Driver im hoping to finally get the following slapped on the truck:

Fox Lake Stage II heads (big Valves)
Transfer over my Comp Cams, and Mod Max Springs
ARP Head Studs
Billet trigger wheel
255 LPH pumps
MAFia
Replace heater core (been driving it for 2 years with no heat)
RAAudio Mat the floor and back wall (i will do the doors, and head liner later)
Install new seats
Expy console
build new box (need to house 2 Pioneer shallow 12"s, and a big amp)
Install my hidden hitch (trailer hitch)

thats the plan... ofcourse if i pull the motor and see some other crap, then we will just go built... but i would rather not spend the money this year... i have two extra block lying around i can build up slowly...

The Swede

How long is a string ?
Established Member
Sorry to hear you have to drive a ricer for a while. ;-)

The build up is gonna be sweet though, good luck bro ! :rockon:

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i've got the the passanger seat out of my truck at the upholstery shop...kinda ghetto riding around with one seat, so yeah I need a dd.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
FordFanStan@DMP said:
Still got the SHO Jay? In fact you had two right? Got either one?... Stan

yeah i got the white 1992 SHO MTX... but the trans is bad (bearing?).... motor is in good shape... and it has mods... car moves pretty good for a Taurus... haha

yeah i got it you want it?

FordFanStan

Established Member
What year was the purple one from Chris? It's been a while since I have read up on them, I believe the badass 220hp 7500 redline 6 cylinders are in 1992 and up right? So this one has it? And the 5 speed right? Hmm I think I might like cruising something like that, but Ive never owned a car, only like 12 trucks or something lol so Im not 100%. We might be able to work a trade deal :eek: ... Stan

SHOspeedProject

Established Member
All SHO's from 1989-1995 had the 220hp Yamaha V6, but most cars from 1993-95 were the heavier and slower auto transaxle cars, not the more desirable 5-spd manual.

SADF

Established Member
Im looking at getting an SVT Countour for a daily. Im bagging the truck so it won't be economical to drive everyday. Heck, the truck wasn't econmical to drive daily from the factory! I have considered an SHO as well

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
FordFanStan@DMP said:
What year was the purple one from Chris? It's been a while since I have read up on them, I believe the badass 220hp 7500 redline 6 cylinders are in 1992 and up right? So this one has it? And the 5 speed right? Hmm I think I might like cruising something like that, but Ive never owned a car, only like 12 trucks or something lol so Im not 100%. We might be able to work a trade deal :eek: ... Stan

Yeah its a 220 HP MTX... the trans needs to be rebuilt (like ALL SHO MTX trannys do)... has equal length mid pipe, HF magnaflow cats, UDP, CAI, Tokico struts, 11.6" brakes, 2005+ GT mustang Mufflers welded into the 2.5" cat back with a 14" Glasspack as a resonator (has a Infinity g35 tone to the exhaust)... trans also has a Clutch Masters Stage I clutch... all in all the car runs like a champ.. the trans is just fubar (needs new bearings, seals, and possibly a new 3 rd gear... all avalible through random SHO parts vendors)

car moves pretty good for a 3K lb taurus... LOL

The purple one i had was a 91, just had a different body style and the interior wasnt in as good of shape cause of the sun.. oh and it had 220K miles.. LOL the 92 has 120K...

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
your give me $1000 plus the SHO and Ill let you have the whole KB setup from s/c, s/m plenum, ait tube, DMP cai kit, and filter plus a new air freshener... deal?

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
FordFanStan@DMP said:
your give me $1000 plus the SHO and Ill let you have the whole KB setup from s/c, s/m plenum, ait tube, DMP cai kit, and filter plus a new air freshener... deal?

Hmmm..... might have to hit up the GF about this deal!

Users who are viewing this thread