Well I just spent $109 on designer sunglasses

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
I was sick of the $10 dollar pieces of junk That i buy year after year. So i get on Ebay and i found these They look to be good quality ( they better be ) I guess i will see when they get here :coolman:
1064037684620_MVC_880S.JPG

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Damn dude I would never spend that on shades!! Tell you what you can ride my jet ski with them on if you like!!

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by ZincDude
Damn dude I would never spend that on shades!! Tell you what you can ride my jet ski with them on if you like!!

well my reasoning is if i spend this much on glasses i wont ever lose them like i do the rest of the ones that i buy :D

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Well try not to drop them. My buddy use to always buy the expensive shades but Biscayne Bay owns about 4 pairs of them now. Well I hope you enjoy them.:beer:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Those are a fashion statement, they are way too light to block the sun. Did you notice what looks like a Harley logo on the bottom of the right lens?

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Those are a fashion statement, they are way too light to block the sun. Did you notice what looks like a Harley logo on the bottom of the right lens?

No they say there 100% uv protection or whatever ... Yeah i did see that logo I dont know what to think about it. I might yank it off when i get it

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by waytofastvette
No they say there 100% uv protection or whatever ... Yeah i did see that logo I dont know what to think about it. I might yank it off when i get it

100% UV doesnt mean it blocks light! It means it blocks the "harmful"Ultraviolet Rays that can harm your retina and cornea. But the shading of the lens is what blocks light! Sort of like, would you use that shade as window tint:)

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
100% UV doesnt mean it blocks light! It means it blocks the "harmful"Ultraviolet Rays that can harm your retina and cornea. But the shading of the lens is what blocks light! Sort of like, would you use that shade as window tint:)

oh well It wont be the first $100 dollars ive ever flushed down the crapper :lol1: AT least i will look cool

kaos

Established Member
I have no problems spending 100 on glasses. Normally the one I like now is 80 bucks. If I lose I go right back there and spend another 80. The reason why is because they are polarized. I've tried the cheap polarized and it's not the same. All you have to do is try a pair one day in the sun and you will be converted. It's wierd it almost helps you see better.

I got my friend hooked on them in 1 minute. There was cute girl in the car in front of us and I could see her face in her rearview mirror. Without the glasses it was just glare. I let my friend borrow them and he was amazed. It helps while you are at the beach and you can look at the water and no glare. I also use them when I go snowboarding and they are perfect. I get no eye strain a whole day snowboarding. And I can see perfectly all the little bumps in the snow.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
I
I got my friend hooked on them in 1 minute. There was cute girl in the car in front of us and I could see her face in her rearview mirror. Without the glasses it was just glare. I let my friend borrow them and he was amazed. It helps while you are at the beach and you can look at the water and no glare. I also use them when I go snowboarding and they are perfect. I get no eye strain a whole day snowboarding. And I can see perfectly all the little bumps in the snow.
No I think those are beer goggles!!:beer:

ssssnake

Established Member
I can't spend that much for sunglasses - I lose them too many times. I go by the Billy Gibbons rule - I went and got myself some cheap sunglasses with glass so dark they don't even know my name. :coolman:

wally9404

Established Member
i dont think a 100 dollar pair of sunglasses would help that mug one bit,you got a face that only a mother could love,

Big 8

Established Member
Ha a slave to fashion! Hey lookin good is far more important then a cornia. Hell your insurance can cover an eye operation for a little co pay, but would they give you a $100 pair a glasses so you can look good;-)

I am in the same boat. Lost tons of free bes and $10 glasses. I would toss em and scratch em etc. Finally I bought a pair at $100 and change. I lost them , tossed them , scratched them, but because they cost so much I put the scratched lens back in, fixed the broken arm and still wear them:eek: Oh well cant win if you dont try maybe next time.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
I paid a lil more for my polarized oakleys ! Never thought I would spend that much either but they are nice as hell and you get what you pay for ! I guess. ! :shrug: Impulse buy ! But hey they look good ! Lil bit of buyers remorse but there nice when driving ! :)

wally9404

Established Member
hey sinister angel,did you check that stock out, i think i posted it here about a week ago,its called ifue international fuel and technology a st louis based company,on nasdaq small cap,2 weeks ago it was 8 cents closed today at 42 cents,something to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread