Well, I signed on the dotted line.

03cobraracer

Established Member
That's great man. Once I had the motivation it was easy to drop the pounds.

I'm not sure. They might do that now because there is such a long wait from the time you enlist till the time you actually ship off to basic. I know with my job I wouldn't even be able to go to tech school until my clearance is done. They'd rather start it now than have me waiting for a few months while they check my past.

oh ok cool yeah that makes sense. yeah i didnt have the motivation at first i think to really drop the weight but ive slowly been building that up cause i really want this. i lost 5lbs this week alone so i just gotta keep working on that.
what job did you sign up for? im going for security forces myself.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
oh ok cool yeah that makes sense. yeah i didnt have the motivation at first i think to really drop the weight but ive slowly been building that up cause i really want this. i lost 5lbs this week alone so i just gotta keep working on that.
what job did you sign up for? im going for security forces myself.

I signed on for EOD. Going to be tough but as long as I keep focused I think I'll get through it.

SF was going to be my choice if I didn't qualify for EOD.
:beer:

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah i like security forces cause im in law enforcement already and its what i plan to do when i get out so it cant hurt. i know the first year is gonna suck doing gate duty and crap like that but hopefully because i already have law enforcement experience i will be able to move up a little quicker. if i qualify for something even better then sure i like OSI to but we will see what happens after i take the ASVAB.

LightningLou

Established Member
Good luck and stay focused man and you'll do fine! When you get a detail to do just make sure you do it to perfection. TI's are very picky about the little stuff. Once you get out of basic you will look back and laugh at a lot of crap that happened there... :)

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Good luck and stay focused man and you'll do fine! When you get a detail to do just make sure you do it to perfection. TI's are very picky about the little stuff. Once you get out of basic you will look back and laugh at a lot of crap that happened there... :)

Thanks for the tip. I've been reading all the funny stories from basic and the snake pit. lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
yeah i like security forces cause im in law enforcement already and its what i plan to do when i get out so it cant hurt. i know the first year is gonna suck doing gate duty and crap like that but hopefully because i already have law enforcement experience i will be able to move up a little quicker. if i qualify for something even better then sure i like OSI to but we will see what happens after i take the ASVAB.

Goodluck on the asvab. The math SUCKED. lol
Gate duty would suck but once you get used to it I bet time will fly.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
My friend got out of Air Force basic last year, he said it was super easy and like summer camp...so you should be fine! congrats... should of considered active duty...reserves sucks, but then again thats the navy side.... everything in the navy sucks, but im leaving for active duty again so...thank god

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Considering I'm going to lose 20k a year by doing reserves only I'll stick with my decision. lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
damn....what the hell u do in the civilian world?

Safety and Env stuff for an oil field company. Deff. not doing the AF for the cash/perks lol.
When I go to basic/tech I'll be active duty for almost 2 years before I even get to go back home.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Goodluck on the asvab. The math SUCKED. lol
Gate duty would suck but once you get used to it I bet time will fly.

yeah im not looking foward to the math i hate that crap! i took a practice test online the other day and i did good on almost everything, math i did ok on but didnt bomb any part of it at least..lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
yeah im not looking foward to the math i hate that crap! i took a practice test online the other day and i did good on almost everything, math i did ok on but didnt bomb any part of it at least..lol

Same here. My math was 12 points lower than my next lowest score. lol

Users who are viewing this thread