Well I'm off...

wannacobra

Future Job...
Established Member
Well guys, I know that I'm not that well known throughout this site, but on Jan 18 I am no longer a free man... I have Coast Guard basic training til March and then tech school til July so I'm not going to be around for much for the next 7 months...
Just thought that I would tell all... Wish some luck...

And Don't flame the Coast Guard, its a hell of a lot harder than you think...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
From what I've heard, I'd rank CG boot camp #2 on the list....

Remember, its mostly mind games.

Have fun! :beer:

ssssnake

Established Member
wannacobra said:
Well guys, I know that I'm not that well known throughout this site, but on Jan 18 I am no longer a free man... I have Coast Guard basic training til March and then tech school til July so I'm not going to be around for much for the next 7 months...

Good luck Jim! Hey, we have the Coast Guard in our building where I work and they are much appreciated. I thank God for their protection every time I drive over the Harbor Bridge (which is twice a day). Take care. :rockon:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
wannacobra said:

At least the CG is not with D.O.T. anymore :-D

Good luck.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
dont they become property of DoD during wartime?

(have a friend who got shipped to persian gulf [maybe?] doing harbor patrols)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
It depends on if DoD requests them I believe....that's why my first guess was DoD

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Waaaay back they were the other DOT, Department of the Treasury, which also employs the Secret Service, Customs Service, IRS, ATF, and U.S. Marshals Service.

Coast Guard training is no cake walk, but the best service to be enlisted in IMO, many more enlisted coasties in command positions relative to the overall staff size than other services. Very small tight knit group, and it can be a real blast as long as you make it through the training and get the right assignment. I got out 13 years ago, but have many fond memories. Best of luck to you. Semper Paratus!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
ridethelighteni said:
Waaaay back they were the other DOT, Department of the Treasury, which also employs the Secret Service, Customs Service, IRS, ATF, and U.S. Marshals Service.

Secret Service is with DHS, Customs no longer exists it is now CBP and they are also DHS. ATFE and USMS are with DOJ.

Coast Guard training is no cake walk, but the best service to be enlisted in IMO, many more enlisted coasties in command positions relative to the overall staff size than other services. Very small tight knit group, and it can be a real blast as long as you make it through the training and get the right assignment. I got out 13 years ago, but have many fond memories. Best of luck to you. Semper Paratus!

Semper Fidelis! Semper ubi sub ubi!

wannacobra

Future Job...
Established Member
Hey thanks alot guys, I'm pretty sure that during wartime it is under DoD, but for the rest of the time we are under Homeland Security. See ya.

SVT4ME

Established Member
I respect your decision to defend the borders of this GREAT LAND! Be safe and have fun! Retired Air Force here and after your time is up the check comes every month like clock work!

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
Hope all goes well, ans we'll see ya online when you return :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread