Well picked up the next piece of the puzzle for the fox (IRS)

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I drove to Pittsburg and brought home a 04 Cobra IRS complete. Since I am selling my 01 cobra and it has the full tilt boogie parts complete bushing kit. I am going to take the 04 Diff/pumpkin, 04 axles, my FTB control arms, subframe, swaybar and links, and tierods for the fox. Put all the stock stuff on 01 and sell it off. Since the 04 IRS has a 3.55 gear which will work nice since my 3.73 in my stick axle max out top of fourth in the quarter. I also ordered up the Auburn Steeda E Locker which is a limited slip until the flick of the switc and it becomes a spool.

My favorite parts of the 01 cobra is the IRS and the interior, so if I sell the 01 , the fox is getting the IRS swap. I run alot of rough country roads and it takes a toll on fox with the stickaxle jumping all around.

So if anyone interested later this year I will have the foxes 8.8 with 5lug axles, 3.73 gears, cobra rear disc brackets, MM torque arm, MM PHB, and MM adjustable lower control arms, and H&R torque arm springs for sale.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I did this swap about 2 years ago. The biggest PITA is going to be the E brake. I just left it off since my car is a track car.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Shouldn't be much different then the cobra disc it has now, since it will be the same brakes

lxsteed

Established Member
You'll love it. Best mod I've done, ebrakes aren't hard. I used the adjustable center cable and sn95 rear cables. The terminator cables won't work.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I have an IRS in my blown 99 and also in my 93 FOX autocross car, I also have a spare 04 and an 04 parts pile. The IRS rocks and Full Tilt Boogie is a great resource.

Users who are viewing this thread