Well this is a strange anomaly...

BigmotoXer

Established Member
2011 mustang GT HellionTT
I've been running this kit on my Built 5.0 successfully for 2 years now.
I run 8.8lbs on 93
I run 12lbs on 93 + VP octanium (or Torco)

Anyway I had a bullet bike come up behind me Saturday, on a long desolate stretch of road, I can easily beat most bullet bikes i dropped into 3rd and we passed the car in front of me and I slowly left him as I shift to 4th and I let off as I shift to 5th. (12lbs boost).
So then I just cruised home but about 1-2 miles from home at the stop sign I noticed my car was running rough, like it was missing on a cylinder or two. It only lasted for a few seconds and then it went back to normal so I got home and later drove my car up on the lift to mount my new BMR a-arm supports when I noticed oil on the oil pan coming from the rear main seal the front main seal and from all the way around the pan at the gasket itself.
WHAT THE HECK?
I have plenty of crankcase ventilation. I actually have 1.25" hose for a vent on the passenger side and vent to atmosphere (thru a filter)on the driver side.
So I started to worry that I busted a ring or something so I pulled the plugs, did a compression test (150-155 in all cylinders) and replaced the 6510 NGK with new 6510 NGK plugs.
THE CAR CRANKS FINE, THE CAR IDLES FINE, THE CAR REVS FINE. But that oil tho? How could this be?
Am I missing something here?

BigmotoXer

Established Member
BTW I just sent a data log to Jon jr @Lund and he said all looks fine (no knock, no lean conditions, etc).

BigmotoXer

Established Member
...and the plugs looked fine, I only replaced them because I already had them out (they had approx 6k miles on them)

BigmotoXer

Established Member
You SURE the oil deal just happened, and hasn't been there until now?

That's a good question but I have been under my car on the lift at least every other day if not ever day installing new parts like radiator support a arm support brackets, driveshaft Loop, etc.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I think the sleeve is cracked below the water jacket... And that's why I'm not burning any coolant but at the same time pressurizing the crankcase. Theory

basspro302

Established Member
Just you tube it you need a leak down gauge. The cyl never seals perfectly there is a % that is acceptable then you listen to where the air is coming out. What your describing sounds like a ring issue. A compression test will not always narrow down an issue. Running compression test can help. I use a pressure transducer and a pico scop at work in some situations to narrow down compression/misfire issues.

Users who are viewing this thread