went in for rear end rebuild and rear main seal and....... =/

Nickynick

Established Member
so i took my car in to the mustang shop for rear main and rear end rebuild and steeda clutch quadrant.. and bought 3.73 on way there from craigslist for 100 bucks, for sale btw... frpp, still have box no whine at all. pm me;) but got a call the other day.. need new rear housing bushing, rear control arms upper and lower, valve cover gasket, which leaked so bad i needed new clutch disk, all ontop of the rear end and rear main.

should i be crying or is this somthing that im really gonna not regret because my car is gonna be 1000 times "ridabilitty" improved?

i wanted to cry and want one of you to cheer me up and tell me its ok...

cheer away=/

Nickynick

Established Member
the bushings were so shot, that the driveshaft was rubbing againt emergency cable and making a nice groove into the DS

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Dude time to pick up a wrench an learn some things about your car..

Valve cover gasket is something a nutless monkey could do..:smmon:

No need to let such a cheap fix go so far neglected that it ruins your clutch!!?

I'm giving you a hard time but seriously dude you are part of one of the best technical forums for this model car here, there is a wealth of information on this site, and lots of members willing to help when you post questions. Time to start learning and fixing your own ride!

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member

No need to let such a cheap fix go so far neglected that it ruins your clutch!!?

I'm giving you a hard time but seriously dude you are part of one of the best technical forums for this model car here, there is a wealth of information on this site, and lots of members willing to help when you post questions. Time to start learning and fixing your own ride!

i believe this is 100%. why not start to learn (its going to happen sooner or later) why pass up the chance to learn a lot and save a ton of money? because of this place ive made life long friends, saved a ton of money, learned who to go to and not to and have a wealth of knowledge. and its all free. except the pizza a beer you buy the guys :shrug:

people here are willing to help when you have question and even more willing to come over and help you out, without even meeting you!

i wanted to cry and want one of you to cheer me up and tell me its ok...

look dancing bananas!
:dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:
its going to be ok

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Seems like this is always happening to me. Go in the shop for one thing end up leaving with multiple things. I would like to do the work myself but dont have another car to drive while my cobra is down.

As said before, if you can, try and tackle the valve cover gaskets, they are easy. As for the rear end, I would leave that to someone who knows what they are doing.

bumsoil

Established Member
I have a list of all the stuff I need to replace. Grows as fast as I fix stuff. But I never bring my car to shops. Bit on cars as old as ours and when we drive them hard this stuff wears out.im slowly replacing all the rubber on my car.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Thats what happens when you go to a shop. They point out every little thing wrong with your car and it makes you think its about to blow up

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Only people who should cry and take their cars to shops are woman and terrorists

Stuff so simple you can do it all yourself except for stated above probably your rear end stuff. There's so many step by step diagrams and alot of people who have been in your shoes that will either give you all the info you need or even go as far as helping

I've pulled my hair out over this damn car but it always works out in the end. Just think if stuff was broken, it is just its way of saying.. time for improvement

Nickynick

Established Member
did valve cover gaskets when i first got the car, pain in the rear end. i dont have time to do it again so i threw it in a shop while i was out of town for a week and a half, and kept getting calls about shit going bad with pics. i can do small stuff, but its my only car other than bike so i dont wanna **** anything up. that and i have no tools or room to do so

jbey08

Established Member

I'm giving you a hard time but seriously dude you are part of one of the best technical forums for this model car here, there is a wealth of information on this site, and lots of members willing to help when you post questions. Time to start learning and fixing your own
THIS.. I only have a 95 gt but i sit on here and learn so much about these cars. These guys are pretty hate free too.

Users who are viewing this thread