Went to look at the '03 SVT...WHAT's IT WORTH???

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
The Euro Grille I just got one a month ago. Got it from C-F-M. or is it the RS grille which youd be really dumb to pay the 200 for it.

SVT057.jpg

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
Yeah I put them in the orange pill bottles and mounted them untill I get ST170head lights. Because the stock headlights beside the HID dont have turn signals so. i didnt want them to just be out there, just put them in the bottles and ziptied them down. works really well

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What pill bottles are you talking about?
The blinker housings?
Sorry, but I'm a stang guy. All this Focus stuff is new to me.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
badass98svt said:
You used actual pill bottles?
Or is that just slang for the oem housings?

I think he means actual perscription pill bottles. I've heard of people just cutting the wire to the blinkers so they won't come on as well. If I can't find a Euro grill, then I may just black my front turn signals out and cut one of the wires so they only come on when I put my blinker on. I saw it on FocusFanatics or somewhere.

Congrats on the SVTF....I've had mine for 2 years and am still new to all the lingo. I'm about to do a tune up maintenence on it(shocks, plugs, wires, maybe the engine mount bushing).

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I still don't understand why someone would use a pill bottle.
And WHY cut a wire going to your blinker.
Then you won't have ANY blinkers up front.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
badass98svt said:
I still don't understand why someone would use a pill bottle.
And WHY cut a wire going to your blinker.
Then you won't have ANY blinkers up front.

IF you get the Euro Grill(no blinkers on there) then you have to have somewhere to mount the blinker bulbs. I'm guessing he zip-tied the pill bottles behind the grill so that he would still have the use of them and of his blinkers. If you get the ST170 headlights they have the blinkers in the headlights so you don't have to use the pill bottles.

I've heard of people cutting one of the 3 wires going to the front blinkers so that they only come on WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR BLINKER ON. You still have the blinkers in the front bumper in front of the front tires that will stay on the whole time you have your parking lights on.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Ya, but pill bottles?

M-I-C-...K-E-Y...
M-O-U-S-E.
I like the whole idea of cutting one wire so they only work as a blinker, and NOT a parking light.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
badass98svt said:
Ya, but pill bottles?
I like the whole idea of cutting one wire so they only work as a blinker, and NOT a parking light.

Pill bottles....only thing that I can think of that would house a bulb and act as a blinker. Kinda ingenious if you ask me.

I don't know what wire it is that you would cut, but I found it over on FocusFanatics. I'll have to do some research when I get back from lunch.

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
You cut the middle one so they dont come on when parking lights are on they just blink when you turn signals on. and the pill bottle yes real pill bottles i didnt wan tto just leave the bulb out there had to think of soemthing it works just well it fits snug and everything

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
02AllBlackSVT said:
The Euro Grille I just got one a month ago. Got it from C-F-M.

Damn....:bash: CFM does have them, but in two different variations. Don't know which one to get. Wish I would have know b/c I just got my front end repaired($3500 worth)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Is the Ford emblem just double side taped onto the cfm grills?
I'd like on without any emblem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread