Went to the Dark Side

03CobraDom

Established Member
So i sold the Cobra :nonono: a few weeks ago to try and save some money up... But i came across a good deal on this 2003 Z06 :rockon: and had to take the plunge.. my insurance is cheaper then the Cobra (drastically now that a few 5yr old tickets/etc are off my record). Overall im saving a few hundred a month.. Its all stock except for a shifter, not as fast as the Cobra, but handles like its on rails and definitely seems more fun to drive so far. Its been raining so i havent gotten any good pics yet, ill try n get some this week.

14333_513507218587_332600475_522190.jpg

1G1YY12S235119099-9.jpg

14333_513506425177_332600475_522188.jpg

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. I love the EB cars.

My roommate picked up an '03 Z last week. D1 Procharger, Headers, small cam... it put down 680/540 on our Dynojet SAE Corrected. We can't believe how much it made with so little. They're definitely rockets, especially with how light they are.

Good luck, you should stop by our next dyno day. (Race Proven Motorsports in Delaware)

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Nice car! Someday I will get a Zo6 ... maybe a C6. I hope you got it for less than 25k. And I hear ya on the reduced insurance rates, my buddy was looking at that vintage Zo6 about 4 years agot and the insurance on the vette was less than he was paying on his accord.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I've never really been into the C5 Zs, but for some reason that one catches my eye. I think that's an excellent color and it looks nice just as it is. You made a good choice. Congrats and good luck.:beer:

03CobraDom

Established Member
Nice car! Someday I will get a Zo6 ... maybe a C6. I hope you got it for less than 25k. And I hear ya on the reduced insurance rates, my buddy was looking at that vintage Zo6 about 4 years agot and the insurance on the vette was less than he was paying on his accord.

I did get it for less then $25k :rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
how do you compare it to your Cobra overall? this is the dilemma I am haivng, with both cars right in the same price range now... both the same age.

my one complaint on my Cobra was the brakes and handling... both were pretty bad. the Z06 is a very smooth car with a very smooth powerband, good handling and good brakes. but on the other hand i think the Cobra looks much better and has a better sound (especially w/ the blower) IMO. it seems that its a lot more expensive and harder to get power out of the Z06's versus the Cobras too....

I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who has been on both sides.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Congrats on the Z, looks like a real clean car. I've always loved EB on those cars. What mods you have planned?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Sick man. A friend of mine used to have an '02 coupe that same color. Heads, cam and full exhaust made it sound absolutely sick. Lower it on the stock bolts and slap some chrome 19/20s on it and you've got a helluva car.

03CobraDom

Established Member
how do you compare it to your Cobra overall? this is the dilemma I am haivng, with both cars right in the same price range now... both the same age.

my one complaint on my Cobra was the brakes and handling... both were pretty bad. the Z06 is a very smooth car with a very smooth powerband, good handling and good brakes. but on the other hand i think the Cobra looks much better and has a better sound (especially w/ the blower) IMO. it seems that its a lot more expensive and harder to get power out of the Z06's versus the Cobras too....

I'd like to hear the opinion of someone who has been on both sides.

The cobra def had a lot more raw power.. but the Z06 being stock has decent power, but drives soo much smoother, takes turns like a rollercoaster..i definitely like the driveability of the Z better so far.. I do miss the sound of my Cobra tho, both the exhaust and blower..and yea, z06's def cost a little more to get power out of.. but run better with less rwhp..

With how many miles??

Congrats on the Z, looks like a real clean car. I've always loved EB on those cars. What mods you have planned?
Not sure yet really.. probly a set of longtubes to start... and either a H/C/I setup or a procharger/sts kit down the road..

snakecharmer

Established Member
Welcome to the dark side! My first vette was electron blue. Great color. Don't forget to wave to other Corvettes!

Users who are viewing this thread