Went to the track last night

Slowponycar

Established Member
photo-41.jpg

photo-42.jpg

Went to the local drag strip last night for their Test N Tune night. First time back in 10 years or so. The weather was nice 80-83 degrees and low humidity. My reaction time was horrible. Car is all stock except for an oil separator. Could not do a burn out to save my life :fm:. Turned everything off (push brake and hold TC button for 5secs) tried heel toe burnout and engine bogged and you could smell the clutch :mj:. After three tries gave up and just dumped clutch and spun tires up to the line. Thats when I got times in the pic. LC is pretty SWEET :rockon: found that 3800 rpm setting was the best for me yesterday. I could tell I was still a noob when my first three races I forgot to turn off the AC lol. Oh well had tons of fun, need drag radials and to decide on which parts I want to upgrade lol :banana:

Myfast70

Established Member
An 8.0 pass would be roughly a 12.4x in the 1/4 according to the 1/8 to 1/4 conversion chart. Your mph should be a solid mid 11 if you can hook it. It just takes lots of seat time.

Please don't take this the wrong way as it's just a suggestion from my personal experience, but I would hold off on any mods (except drag radials) until you can get the car dialed in and figure out how to get it off the line properly. All you're going to do by throwing more power at it is make it even harder to drive and launch. Learn how to maximize what you've got before throwing more at it. Just because you have more power doesn't mean that you will always pick up ET, although mph should go up.

Slowponycar

Established Member
An 8.0 pass would be roughly a 12.4x in the 1/4 according to the 1/8 to 1/4 conversion chart. Your mph should be a solid mid 11 if you can hook it. It just takes lots of seat time.

Please don't take this the wrong way as it's just a suggestion from my personal experience, but I would hold off on any mods (except drag radials) until you can get the car dialed in and figure out how to get it off the line properly. All you're going to do by throwing more power at it is make it even harder to drive and launch. Learn how to maximize what you've got before throwing more at it. Just because you have more power doesn't mean that you will always pick up ET, although mph should go up.

Thanks for the good advice. I know I need more seat time. I was really trying to figure out the LC. Wasn't trying to test it on the street until I have it dialed in and Im sitting next to either a ZR1 or zl1. Plus I wanted to see how the stock tires held up cause I don't think I'll be daily driving on drag radials. I am planning on getting a set very very soon. lol

Users who are viewing this thread