Went to the track wednesday in the z06

50_Dave

Established Member
Finally got to some drag radials for the z06.

I got a set of mickey thompson drag radials 275/40/17.

This is the first time i have been on drag radials and let me tell you they hook, and they hook well. I just was not coming out hard enough on them.

Out of the three runs, I had one completed run as i missed third the other two times. I went 11.63 at 122 with a 1.83 60 foot and 97.64 in the 1/8th.

This was n/a and on 100 octane. I put 100 octane in the car as I still have a stock fuel pump and had planned on spraying the 100 shot on top of it. My last run of the night I was going to try and pull a 10 sec pass off on the juice, but i missed third and let out that run. Still managed a 7.9 1/8th mile at 79 mph lol.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nice runs...suprised you didn't get a 10 second pass with your mods but I don't know how the DA was down there.. if you hit the track where I live right now we have -1000+ DA to work with. :)

50_Dave

Established Member
Its coming n/a wise i can assure you. I just want the DTE brace before i start doing those crazy launches. If the rear end goes, so does the damn transmission.

procs2v

Established Member
nice pass, don't be scared of the trans and rear. Look at my 60' with stock clutch and stock rear. Go for kill and get in the 10's. Good Luck

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
You've got 10sec mph. Launch that bitch and let it eat. Do not be afraid. I ran 10's on a stock ford irs and we all know they're junk.

procs2v

Established Member
You've got 10sec mph. Launch that bitch and let it eat. Do not be afraid. I ran 10's on a stock ford irs and we all know they're junk.

I think he is going to need alittle more mph to get in the 10's. Maybe 124or125He should be able to do it.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I think he is going to need alittle more mph to get in the 10's. Maybe 124or125He should be able to do it.

You may be right, but I've run 10's at only 121 so it is possible. Not to mention, launching harder may get him into his power sooner, thus trapping a mph or 2 higher. Either way it's haulin ass and will be close to the 10's.:beer:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice times!
I think your just tired of watching the bumpers of all of the black Cobra's ahead of you!:poke:

50_Dave

Established Member
ive never raced you!

Just that other dude with the 100 shot/blower set up.

Ill be out though next week with the fuel pump and DTE brace. Going to go balls out for the 10s on spray.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
ive never raced you!

Just that other dude with the 100 shot/blower set up.

Ill be out though next week with the fuel pump and DTE brace. Going to go balls out for the 10s on spray.

I was referring to Ken's Cobra.
I think he is at Funday Sunday today.
You have one of the best sounding Vette's I have ever heard.
10"s are very doable for you.
What is a DTE brace?
I've been in Michigan for the past several weeks.
I fly home next Saturday so maybe I'll see you at the track on the Wed before and Fri after Thanksgiving.

Best of luck next week on the 10:burnout:!

50_Dave

Established Member
I was referring to Ken's Cobra.
I think he is at Funday Sunday today.
You have one of the best sounding Vette's I have ever heard.
10"s are very doable for you.
What is a DTE brace?
I've been in Michigan for the past several weeks.
I fly home next Saturday so maybe I'll see you at the track on the Wed before and Fri after Thanksgiving.

Best of luck next week on the 10:burnout:!

DTE brace basically keeps the differential and transmission together. Since the trans is directly connected to the rear end without a driveshaft, if the differential were to go, then it would twist/crack the transmission too.

It will allow me to launch the car as hard as I can. I am ok with fixing a rear end, or a transmission, but not them both at the same time. That would be too expensive.

I thought about going to sunday funday. But I am holding off untill the new mods come in.

I am just driving the cobra around :)

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey Dave,
Have you been to the track with your new parts yet?
Let me know the next time you go.

50_Dave

Established Member
No. I have not. I ran an 11.2 at 127 at bradenton with a 1.83 60 ft. Went 101 in the 1/8th hehe. Actually didnt start spraying untill third. This was the 75 shot. I also went 11.52 with a 1.78 60 foot n/a the other day as well.

I put in the 125 shot on the car and my clutch did not like it. It started slipping and chattering. Who would have thought a 1400 dollar clutch rated at like 1000hp/tq would take a crap with only 600-700 torque.

In any case, I have the z06 in the shop getting a couple of scratches buffed out. I backed into my friend's car the other night. As soon as I get it back, I am putting it on the lift and taking the clutch out and sending it to textralia since i have to take the transmission out anyhow to put the brace on. When i get it back im putting a second kit on it

Robz

Established Member
DTE brace basically keeps the differential and transmission together. Since the trans is directly connected to the rear end without a driveshaft, if the differential were to go, then it would twist/crack the transmission too.

It will allow me to launch the car as hard as I can. I am ok with fixing a rear end, or a transmission, but not them both at the same time. That would be too expensive.

I thought about going to sunday funday. But I am holding off untill the new mods come in.

I am just driving the cobra around :)

I have over 200 hard passes in a c5zo6 without a brace and have had only one incident where I blew up the rear gears. No damage to either case. Not that it can't happen on the next pass but it's more likely to break the left output shaft. The brace really doesn't allow you to launch as hard as you can. You can break alot of chit with it on too. It is a decent piece of insurance that may minimize the damage.

I'm running the same clutch and haven't had an issue yet but only 2 passes on it. It is very light so it wants to bog. I'll let you know if low 1.4x's are possible.
A trick that might work for you is to launch around 3500rpms but set the nitrous to kick in at around 3800 rpms.
Keep us post and let me know if you want to chat about anything.

03cobramanIII

Banned
dam i didnt know them cars where that fast,, 11.5s , i better run faster than that ,then tell the vette people my cars all stock LOL.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
No. I have not. I ran an 11.2 at 127 at bradenton with a 1.83 60 ft. Went 101 in the 1/8th hehe. Actually didnt start spraying untill third. This was the 75 shot. I also went 11.52 with a 1.78 60 foot n/a the other day as well.

I put in the 125 shot on the car and my clutch did not like it. It started slipping and chattering. Who would have thought a 1400 dollar clutch rated at like 1000hp/tq would take a crap with only 600-700 torque.

In any case, I have the z06 in the shop getting a couple of scratches buffed out. I backed into my friend's car the other night. As soon as I get it back, I am putting it on the lift and taking the clutch out and sending it to textralia since i have to take the transmission out anyhow to put the brace on. When i get it back im putting a second kit on it

Wow! Those are some great times!
How was Bradenton compared to OSW?
It sucks to spend $$ on parts that are supposed to hold but don't.
I had my best time ever last week. I ran a [email protected] w/1.70 60'
The blower likes the cooler weather.
You and I are chasing the elusive "10". If I get it first you owe me a beer or vice versa.:beer:
What second kit are you referring to? A second stage of Nitrous perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread