Went to the Track

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Well guys I made it back home this weekend so I could redeem myself for my last time out at the strip. Last time I ran a 13.7 @ 104 with a misfire in cylinder 2. Got that fixed and didn't really know what to expect to run. Got out there and ran a 13.07 @ 107 with a 1.9 60'..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lSbqOPf8j4"]YouTube - Mach 1 at Track[/nomedia]

BTW was on my last run of the day :rolling:
(And yes that was my brother talking to his friend about me getting smoked)

For those interested in hearing it better:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1WO_bVgWQU"]YouTube - Mach 1 1/4 mile[/nomedia]

All runs were done on my 245 street tires. haven't gotten around to new tires yet lol.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice man, What brand tires are they? Sub 2.0 on 245 streets is impressive!!

They're Riken Raptors... I hate them lol I suppose I could have much worse tires but these are the only set I've had on the Mach

buckinwild

Established Member
Nice runs, exhaust sounds good too. Now get that beast tuned and put er' in the 12's. 1.9 @ 60' is very impressive on stock rim street tires also.:thumbsup:

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice runs, exhaust sounds good too. Now get that beast tuned and put er' in the 12's. 1.9 @ 60' is very impressive on stock rim street tires also.:thumbsup:

Thanks man:beer:
Yeah I'm dying to get it tuned lol just waiting to get a jlt rai at the moment. Wish I had some money :(

YELL03

Established Member
Nice run and a nice trap too.

Are you breaking loose on your 1-2 and 2-3 shifts?

I had a Viper GTS, it ran [email protected] on a 1.8 60' time on stock Michelins.

I put Kumho R compounds on and even on soft launches (also 1.8s 60') just being able to shift 1-2 and 2-3 without getting squirrelly my times dropped to [email protected]

When I cut a 1.68 60' my time dropped to [email protected].

Sticky rubber helps alot more than just on launches.

I now have a Automatic 2003 Mach 1 with cai, catted-x, catback, 4.10s, and SCT tune...

I am sure without sticky tires at the track the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts would cost me greatly due to spinning and having to lift.

I say sticky rubber and you will see solid 12.8-12.9s:burnout:

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
I feel ya on having money. How hard was it to install those MAC LT's?

it wasn't too bad. Used a lift and worked about two hours a day over 3 days. Hardest part for us was getting those damn header bolts back in.

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice run and a nice trap too.

Are you breaking loose on your 1-2 and 2-3 shifts?

I had a Viper GTS, it ran [email protected] on a 1.8 60' time on stock Michelins.

I put Kumho R compounds on and even on soft launches (also 1.8s 60') just being able to shift 1-2 and 2-3 without getting squirrelly my times dropped to [email protected]

When I cut a 1.68 60' my time dropped to [email protected].

Sticky rubber helps alot more than just on launches.

I now have a Automatic 2003 Mach 1 with cai, catted-x, catback, 4.10s, and SCT tune...

I am sure without sticky tires at the track the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts would cost me greatly due to spinning and having to lift.

I say sticky rubber and you will see solid 12.8-12.9s:burnout:
yeah the 1-2 shifts were bad all day. 2-3 would kick loose too but not nearly as much.
12s would be really nice lol

clc44

Established Member
That is the reason I worry about going. I should be OK with my street tires. I am going to go sometime this year. I want to get some stock base run!! May want to piece together a built rear. 03/04 cobra diff w/ carbon clutches, 31 spline moser axles, moser girdle, 4.10/4.30's FRPP w/ FRPP install kit. Then from the UCA and LCA's will help you hook more as well.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nice runs man! Your MACH looks good and pulls nicely. With a good custom tune and some sticky BFG Drag Radials, you will shed about 2 or 3 tenths. If you get a set of drag radials and a custom SCT tune, ask you tuner to set up a 2-Step. I have a 2-step setup for 3700 rpms. Dropping the air pressure to 15 psi and leaving at 3700 to 4000 rpms will net you a good ET! However, you might consider some 31 Spline axels before trying this though..:burnout:

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice runs man! Your MACH looks good and pulls nicely. With a good custom tune and some sticky BFG Drag Radials, you will shed about 2 or 3 tenths. If you get a set of drag radials and a custom SCT tune, ask you tuner to set up a 2-Step. I have a 2-step setup for 3700 rpms. Dropping the air pressure to 15 psi and leaving at 3700 to 4000 rpms will net you a good ET! However, you might consider some 31 Spline axels before trying this though..:burnout:

lol at the moment I think that's my dilemma, whether to get the tune first or build the rear a little. maybe at the same time lol

Users who are viewing this thread