Western Chassis People--Suspension Qs!

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
I've done a few searches and gathered up as much information on this topic just had a few questions, I got a good deal on a set of used Western Chassis hangers, shackles and shock extenders and just had a few questions.

Its supposedly a 5-6 inch drop in the rear; anyone have this kit for an 03-04 and can show me a picture just so I can make sure what the usual true drop of this kit is. ( Im mainly looking for anything 4 or more )

Since I will most likely be buying the hardware would you guys suggest adding a shim kit to the bill? Would I need it? And should I get the WC hardware or go with aftermarket bolts.

What would you guys think is fair for cost of install for these parts?

People who use this kit and run there truck at a track, how are the launch characteristics vs stock?

Any other information to this would be beneficial as I really don't know to much on suspension. :thumbsup:

I just know the basics. :bash:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I believe mine is set with the rear end at the 4" drop position because at 5" I was riding on the bump stops. I am guessing on bigger potholes I am still bottoming out. Because the hangers raised the front of the spring the same amount as the shackle raised the rear of the spring it turned out I just used the stock shim. I only determined that by measuring that though since every truck can be a little bit different. I don't have a good estimate of the actual drop obtained and I did it myself so I don't have a good cost estimate either. It will take some work though because it isn't completely a bolt in deal due to cutting off the factory hanger.

I can still pull a 2.1 60' on F1's at 24psi. I'm actually limited by wheel hop at this point though since I don't have traction bars yet.

I am pretty happy with their quality overall.

IMG_0028.jpg

Before and after (I think this was the lowest setting and I moved it up one because of bottoming out later on)
LowerCompare.jpg

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
I believe mine is set with the rear end at the 4" drop position because at 5" I was riding on the bump stops. I am guessing on bigger potholes I am still bottoming out. Because the hangers raised the front of the spring the same amount as the shackle raised the rear of the spring it turned out I just used the stock shim. I only determined that by measuring that though since every truck can be a little bit different. I don't have a good estimate of the actual drop obtained and I did it myself so I don't have a good cost estimate either. It will take some work though because it isn't completely a bolt in deal due to cutting off the factory hanger.

I can still pull a 2.1 60' on F1's at 24psi. I'm actually limited by wheel hop at this point though since I don't have traction bars yet.

I am pretty happy with their quality overall.

IMG_0028.jpg

Before and after (I think this was the lowest setting and I moved it up one because of bottoming out later on)
LowerCompare.jpg

Very nice sir! :rockon:
Yeah I've read that hangers are a PITA to install thats why im opting to have someone install them. Hopefully it won't be a rediculous amount though.

svtsilverback

Established Member
with the WC lower c-arms be prepared to make some custom sway bar endlinks. Well i have hotchkis sway bars and they do not line up at all. i hope to get them finished today or tomm.

IMG_2638.gif

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Since I will most likely be buying the hardware would you guys suggest adding a shim kit to the bill? Would I need it?

Yes you need it.

You will also need to relocate or fab a e-brake cable.

02red

Established Member
I just ordered mine today the 3in drop hangers. and i was told that im going to need the
shim kit and some aftermarket bumpstops that are shorter then the stock ones . What in drop hangers did you get because the offfered 2 and 3 in

Users who are viewing this thread