Wet sanded my headlights

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
My headlights were about as bad as they get. They had been like this since I got the car, I tried buffing them out. But they were way past that.

So I busted out some sand paper and got them cleaned up, just thought I would share a couple before and after pictures. :beer:

dog-503-400.jpg

dog-501-700.jpg

dog-502-500.jpg

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Absolutely AWESOME Job, I tried to do my stock ones when I bought the car cause they were Cloudy as hell but I had a crapload of hairline stratches after so I ditched them for clear corners! You should post a step by step process, guys here would love you for it.
I noticed if you put a coat of wax on the clean lenses it slows down the hazing!

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Great job!

You will want to have them cleared or pick up a UV protectant product. Once you wet sand or buff the factory lights out, they look very good initailly, but will haze and fade quickly.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Great job!

You will want to have them cleared or pick up a UV protectant product. Once you wet sand or buff the factory lights out, they look very good initailly, but will haze and fade quickly.
That's what I was thinking when I said throw a coat of wax on them!

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
That's what I was thinking when I said throw a coat of wax on them!

Yep, they already have 2 coats of NXT on them. ;-)

I bet those are a lot nicer to see with when you're driving at night.

I hope so, the reason I bought my HID conversion was because I couldn't see anything at night. HID's= $40 New lenses= at least $150

Gonna have to take it for a spin tonight and "see the light" :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread