wet sanding

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have done it to a few cars and it does work. The Ford clearcoat is so thin that I chose not to do it to my car though.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Hey Spree & (all other pro detailers...). I have a Black 04 COBRA just like you. It has a substantial amount of orange peel in a few areas. I would like too get it wet sanded by a professional to reduce those high spots. I don't want it eliminated, just reduced & blended into the rest of the car to make it all look like a consistent factory job. My question is, if its done right will there be any signs of it what-so-ever afterwards??? I am just like you & am a perfectionists with a better than 20/20 eye sight! :beer:

spree

Established Member
There's a lot involved. When you wetsand it, you want to make sure you don't take off too much. A paint thickness guage definitely comes in handy. Once it's wetsanded, you have to use a good polish/compound to get rid of the wetsanding marks. So...whoever does the job for you must not only have the right tools (paint thickness gauge, rotary buffer, good polishes/compounds), but they also have to have good experience using those tools (otherwise you'll be left with rotary holograms and dangerously thin paint).

Users who are viewing this thread