Wet Vs Dry nitrous kit for the new 5.0L

BLK2012GT

Established Member
This isn't for my car but for a buddy of mine. He wants to get a nitrous kit but he didn't know which is better. So please give the pros and cons for each and what you guys recommend. I told him to go with NX cause I had that on my 2000gt and the kit worked great and very easy to take off and put back on.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I bought a NX wet kit aout a month ago, never sprayed it, an its sitting in my office right now ready to ship to its new owner, instead I will be going w/ a 100 shot dry kit. heard of 3 horror stories w/ the wet kits and these motors already from a well known tuner from hydro locked motors to droping 3 pistons. Everyone is going to do what they want, but I personally wont need more then a 100 dry shot I dont think to get to my whp goal number. I have MORE then enough play in my fuel system to support the dry shot. just my pennies

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Wet kit Pro's- No need for larger injectors or MAF
Wet kit con's- More hoses and wiring for the fuel solenoid

Dry kit pro's- cleaner install, no need to run fuel lines from noid to nozzle, less chance of nitrous back fire due to no fuel puddling
Dry kit con's- might need larger injectors and MAF depending on size of shot, requires additional tuning if spraying after MAF

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I prefer a wet kit over a dry. The only real pro I see with a dry kit is no chance of fuel puddling causing a back fire. If you use a window switch and have it set properly with a wet kit, fuel puddling shouldn't be an issue anyways. Window switches should be used in both set-ups anyways.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Wet kit hands down. Its very easy to run the fuel line with the available fuel rail adapters.

Chris

grnenvy

Established Member
Whatever kit u decide to go with get it to the dyno for air/fuel checking if your new to the game. Nitrous is great but u need to know what your doing or it will cost u. Back in 1991 I blew the whole f-cken air box and intake manifold off of my 5.0 with a 150 Compucar wet kit. lol

Users who are viewing this thread